SAU Community

Now - the wait for the boat !

B-Man

Well, I've done it now ! I was successful at Kobe auctions today, winning my first Skyline.

It's a 1995 ECR33 GTSt Type-M 5-speed, Silver with

Suspension. Exhaust. Airpod. Bodykit. Wheels. MD/CD. AFC. Turbo timer. 1-owner Clean car.

Now I have to endure the wait for it to come accross by boat.

Thanks to all who helped my make my decision on which to get , and who to get it off - The proceess has been pretty painless so far.

So - does that make me a member of the "Silver Shadows/Ghosts" ?????? I can't rememeber what you guys call Silver 'Lines.

Cheers all.

Brendan

PS - Not happy about hearing of this Northerb Beaches Blitz - Hope they calm down in about 4-6 weeks ;-) :lol: :uh-huh:

Hi brendanf, I'm just north of you in Curl Curl.

I won my silver gtst over 4 months ago and still don't have it. My car i'm trading in ran out of rego a month ago so I'm basicly without a car.

I went through a local dealer and they asured me that they could better the deal the brokers were giving: could get the car on the road in less than 6-8 weeks. To get it cheaper I gave them the majority of the cost of the car.

It may be read this week. I took it for a drive with trade plates on around the Harbord area near freshwater beach and it was a dream to drive compared to my laser.

Now waiting for new wheels, blue slip, and rego.

hmm, wonder how long they can strech these out for...

Mark

I will Christian, they couldn't possibly string it out another week when there is so little to do so you'll probably get a call from me this week.

I'm now on my mid year break so I have plenty of time to hang around the dealer to get him organised with my car.

As an aside, the girl (20yo blonde) who owns gts2nv is selling her car at the same place i'm buying my car at. Some of you may remember a thread on SDU a month or so ago devoted to her and other female skyline owners.

Mark

How much C42K ????? He he

Well, we will have to start the Northern Beaches Skyline Club then lads ??

Anyone know who owns the clean R32 (Gunmetal) with HUGE FMIC ??? Saw it driving on Mona Vale Rd the other day (early).

Can't wait to get into my Skyline - It's gonna test my patiece really...... How long did others have to wait ?? My broker says 4-5 weeks.

Cheers,

BF

As I mentioned in an ealier post in this thread, I won my skyline on the 4th of March this year and I bet it wont be ready this week.

I've just been down to the dealer to confront them about an issue with the front bar of my car. They promised to fix the front of my car but he only fixed the bonnet. Because i've kept a full log of every single meeting between the dealer and I with quotes on what was said, he reluctantly accepted that he will get the front bar painted.

The car was due today which is 4 months and 6 days so far.

The novelty has worn off so i'm now making sure everything that was promised to me will be done instead of not worrying about it.

Mark

I'm hoping my experience will be quicker - Because I am not going thru a dealer. Essentially I am in control of things - I know all the paper work that has to go to Canberra has been done and is correct - I know they have it becasue I sent it Express post on Monday. The people on Japan tell me the car is in the line, ready to go on the ship - should have schedule any day now. So I am pretty confident that I'm only 6-8 weeks away. The compliance house has been lined up, I have all the paperwork from them. I know the turnaround times and what work is to be done.

It's been a very interesting project so far - and if all goes to my expectations , I wouldn't hesitate in doing it again. The key is to take control of as much as possible and not leave it to someone you don't know or trust.

So guys, what should my first upgrade be ??? Cat back exhaust is done, suspension done, pod done, wheels done, turbo timer and AFC are done. ?????? Maybe I should partake in the tubo back manifold and hiflow cat tha the group is organising ???

BF

Just got shipping schedule from Japan - Leaves Osaka End of July - Arrives Sydney Mid August

On the road - Beginning Sept !!

Oly 55 Sleeps to go !!

BF