SAU Community

Anyone Using Hks Twin Power Cdi?

satanic

HKS DLI and td coil packs 1000hp no issues, we know they work.... but they aint going to fix a car with other issues.

We had endless dramas with another car over 22psi and even a new set of splitfires did not work.... fitted new std itmes and the HKS unit and bang just shy of 500kw no missfires at all... removed hks unit and it misfired refitted it all good.... proof enough for me.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get yourself a good 30A plus fused automotive relay and cut the +12V supply to the coils and connect it to a relay on pin 87. Run a high current wire from your alternator terminal and connect it to pin 30 on the relay. Ground pin 86, and connect pin 85 to where the coils used to get their +12V from (the loom). This allows much more current flow at the coil as there is less voltage drop across the length of the wiring in the loom.

Thanks for that very good instruction :-)! I will modify this weekend!

But one Question I have: I run the R33 series 1 GTST with the amplifier (not supplied from HKS twin power ignition systems). Have I to set the relay after or before that amplifier. I think before - right?

Thanks and best regards from Germany

vik

Edited by Takoon

After Vik. The main goal is to supply power to the coils. The ignitor module operates from earth to the +5v signal supplied to the unit from the ecu (when the coils are fired).

There should be 6 inputs and 6 outputs, plus a single earth. The conneciton for that earth is the next most important thing. Always make sure that earth is good, and solidly bolted to the engine, and adding a 2nd earth strap from the chassis to the engine or gearbox isnt a bad idea too.

HKS DLI and td coil packs 1000hp no issues, we know they work.... but they aint going to fix a car with other issues.

We had endless dramas with another car over 22psi and even a new set of splitfires did not work.... fitted new std itmes and the HKS unit and bang just shy of 500kw no missfires at all... removed hks unit and it misfired refitted it all good.... proof enough for me.

I often had issues with fouling plugs before fitting a twin power as previously stated. But since i fitted the MoTeC ive removed the twin power and i haven't had any fouling or misfire issues, even at 11,000+rpm 40psi.

Changed to a different trigger set-up though so that may have something to do with it and the car had a Power FC ecu in it when it was having issues.

Weird :P

Edited by Fair Enough

• 4 years later...