SAU Community

Cruise & Camp (victor Harbor Or Other Alternatives)

J_Red33

If people are worried about reliability there'd be nothing stopping people from driving non Skylines. While the drive is part of the adventure, I think it's more the social side of things that comes first on this one :laugh: Just my thoughts, feel free to disagree.

Yes it is very much about the social side, just thought there should be a reasonable amount of driving enjoyment thrown into the mix too. I am a petrol head first & foremost over anything else so I always love a good windy road to zip along :( can't help myself.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lets get back to reality here for a second.......

people are talking about accidents that have happened in the past cruises..... it happens no matter if we are on a cruise or not the danger factor has not changed...>>>> just a thought for some

As for parts...... does every body drive SH*T boxes???? My car is a track orantated car and im confident that were ever we decide to go it will make it no worries...... if you dont think it would make the trip bring another car or fix your LineSky!

Yes I need to get another g/box in to mine.

RB20 5speeds have a habit of being fine one second and bang no third gear the next behind the rb30det. :P

Definitely concerning how there are no signs that its going to let go, and more concerning you don't have to be up it for it to let go. :S

definitely go the auto Joel .... for $2,500 you can make an R34 Tiptronic auto absolutely bulletproof - kelvar plates, upgraded belts, modified high-stall and all the trimmings. I am pretty sure Mike from MV Automatics at Blackwood does stand-alone brains that can run the box all on its own, so wiring wouldn't be an issue. I am sure you could even rig up some steering wheel gear controls. Needless to say your car would be an absolute weapon when you do your final tune setup with an auto box .... very easy 11s I would think.

I'm actually toying with the idea of picking up a cheap Auto R32 GTS4 next year and dropping an rb30 in it with a 26 head.

Would be a damn fun little toy thats for sure. Some of you may ask why not go a newer Skyline.. Priorities.. :rofl:

on a side note -skyline- im working on a signature of your car taken from SCS as ive just formatted i dont have everything back on here yet ill post it up soon

yeah joel get the GTS4 that would make a monster car and being R32 you can wire it up to be AWD or RWD

EDIT

not sure if its finished but heres a sample if u like i will probably leave it

skyline.sig.jpg

Edited by Madaz

Lets get back to reality here for a second.......

people are talking about accidents that have happened in the past cruises..... it happens no matter if we are on a cruise or not the danger factor has not changed...>>>> just a thought for some

As for parts...... does every body drive SH*T boxes???? My car is a track orantated car and im confident that were ever we decide to go it will make it no worries...... if you dont think it would make the trip bring another car or fix your LineSky!

Yes accidents can happen anywhere any time, that was pretty well the point being made.

No I don't think everyone drives an unrelyable skyline, but you never know what could go wrong. As the saying goes 'shit happens'. I'm personally very confident in my own ride 'touch wood' as it is well maintained. However I'm not going to proclaim it unstoppable, just like the Titanic was unsinkable......

I think if everyone as a group could bring a few spare parts (say 1 person brought their spare wheels, another a spare crank angle sensor, another spare coils etc) to cover everybody for the common issues known with skylines it may save someone the agony & expense of having to have their car towed back if necessary.

Also the other point is to make sure your car has been serviced & any known problems that have come up be fixed. A car is made up of thousands of parts, but it only takes 1 for you to be left stuck on the side of the road.

I don't think it's likely that something would go wrong, but you never know, prevention it better than cure.

Edited by JazzaR33

A car is made up of thousands of parts, but it only takes 1 for you to be left stuck on the side of the road.

I don't think it's likely that something would go wrong, but you never know, prevention it better than cure.

yeah its normally the $2 part that fails

Hmmm I'm guessing accomodation will want to be cheap, so tents would be a goer, but then it's a matter of preference. I'm thinking I should set up a poll for this stuff.

I don't even have a fishing rod myself. But then I do love fish so maybe I'll have to make a point of getting one, mmmmm BBQ seafood.