SAU Community

Where Does This Mount?

ocd

its not a front grill copy one from old mate down the road....umm ARE. But then again arc probably dont even know he exists. Except that looks dead straight, Richards are curved to suit that front section.

Edited by r33_racer

I don't think even the US distributor knows where it goes. I've seen similar set-ups on cars in REV magazine. They all seem to mount under the intercooler, very close to the ground.

My hope is that it mounts between the headlamps behind the grille.

Anyone else?

This is the ARC oil cooler kit for the R34 GTR. Does this mount above the intercooler? Does it relocate the filter?

B000H2EVP6.jpg

that picture does not show a relocation plate, or the 3 hoses required for a relocation kit.

and more than likely it will just fit behind the intercooler, out of sight.

Just a thought.

If your gtr is stock its not a good idea to be running an oil cooler. As this obviously reduces the oils temperature, which inturn increases its viscosity making it thicker and slower moving. Resulting, in alot of stress on your oil pump that can cause it to break down & will eventually run your bottom-end dry! :laugh:

Just a thought.

If your gtr is stock its not a good idea to be running an oil cooler. As this obviously reduces the oils temperature, which inturn increases its viscosity making it thicker and slower moving. Resulting, in alot of stress on your oil pump that can cause it to break down & will eventually run your bottom-end dry! :laugh:

... assuming he doesnt intend to use a oilstat :rofl:

Definitely using a t-stat. Tomei oil pump, mostly stock bottom. I am gonna call my ARC distributor tomorrow and see what detail he has (although probably none). I figure I'll go with the blitz (t-stat option) or get this one and tie in a t-stat. I'd like to get one that uses the space above the intercooler behind the grille (assuming that's where the ARC goes).

Any suggestion of other makes that places it there on an R34?

thanks!

Definitely using a t-stat. Tomei oil pump, mostly stock bottom. I am gonna call my ARC distributor tomorrow and see what detail he has (although probably none). I figure I'll go with the blitz (t-stat option) or get this one and tie in a t-stat. I'd like to get one that uses the space above the intercooler behind the grille (assuming that's where the ARC goes).

Any suggestion of other makes that places it there on an R34?

thanks!

Iv always thought a simple kit like the ones on JustJap would do (though you’d have to add a oilstat)

- Mocal - a brit company making a LOT of stuff

- Theres the cast take off’s from Revo RaceGear then just add a qual cooler, sereck or what ever.

Theres a few options around, most cheaper then buying a jap name brand. That said adding a cooler / remote filter can be one of those simple things, you f*ck up and pop a motor doing. So please take cost, build quality etc all into consideration. If your not comfortable with making up lines, Earls, Speedflow Aeroquip etc, then call the enzed guy.

As for locations on a R34,

- between IC and radiator is often used spot

- in one of the front brake ducts ( drivers side) though not sure if that area vents to the wheel cavity or not [cross flow]

- low, under the radiator… but then that’s old rotary style, and seems a little risky for track use etc. Tis like having your testicals mounted below your knees “they bound to take a knock” – a bash plate or something could help.

- further underneath he car, near the gear box?

Cheers

M

that kit pictured mounts in the bottom of the main front bar opening on an R34 GTR. it mounts right at the bottom, on a little bit of an angle.

I have a pic somewhere of one I saw a few years ago in Japan. will dig it out.

that kit pictured mounts in the bottom of the main front bar opening on an R34 GTR. it mounts right at the bottom, on a little bit of an angle.

I have a pic somewhere of one I saw a few years ago in Japan. will dig it out.

Above the front diffuser?