SAU Community

Anyone Replaced Their S1 Rb25 With An S2 Rb25?

I'm not getting any love over in the Forced section, and this is fairly urgent, so here she goes-

Looking at replacing the blown series 1 RB25DET in my Cefiro with a series 2... Can I use ALL of the existing series 1 loom including the ignitor pack and my Splitfire coils? Coilpacks will bolt in with no drama?

Thanks

:huh:

Edited by Drift_Limo

lol I was suspicious it wouldn't be quite that easy... so the plugs are easy enough for someone with very limited electrical expetise?

Have you done this swap Toffy?

I have a series 2 engine in my S1, the ony remaining series 1 part is the coil packs, because the igniter on S1 is mounted on the coil cover on S1, and S2 have a different ECU which ignites the coils. If you can avoid it do NOT use the S2 turbo, I am advised they can not stand BOOST, they have a PLASTIC/SINTHETIC blade/impellor, I am advised not much good. If you are changing you ECU you can use the S2 coils, so long as the new computer is S2 compatable.

I have a series 2 engine in my S1, the ony remaining series 1 part is the coil packs, because the igniter on S1 is mounted on the coil cover on S1, and S2 have a different ECU which ignites the coils. If you can avoid it do NOT use the S2 turbo, I am advised they can not stand BOOST, they have a PLASTIC/SINTHETIC blade/impellor, I am advised not much good. If you are changing you ECU you can use the S2 coils, so long as the new computer is S2 compatable.

dont talk shit about the s2 turbo, its as good as any other rb25 turbo(if not better than all but the r34 type), and yes its simple to make the plugs im talking about fit, if your keep your s1 motor close and whatever doesnt fit switch onto the s2, easy as :) .

Blown engine isn't going anywhere for the time being. The hardest thing I've done auto-electrical wise is hardwire r32 type coilpacks into a C33 loom so hopefully I'll be ok with the plugs. Standard turbo will be making way for the T04e kit that already resides in the bay..

dont talk shit about the s2 turbo, its as good as any other rb25 turbo(if not better than all but the r34 type), and yes its simple to make the plugs im talking about fit, if your keep your s1 motor close and whatever doesnt fit switch onto the s2, easy as :) .

Exactly. The exhaust wheel will let go long before the compressor wheel packs it in.

Chris