SAU Community

Voting Time

paulr33

Why is Victoria also the state with the most local/militant unions as well?

Just out of curiousity, who do you think are the militant unions? There probably are some, but doesn't mean they all have to be laballed as the same.

I'm a unionist (I'm an electrician, so a member of the Electrical Trades Union), and they make sure they do everything by the book. Unionism had a bad light a few decades back, but now they are a very proffesional run organisation, who also look after each and every member.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a significant amount of work on the the eastern water recycling proposal and I know a lot of people in the power industry and various water authorities and I can say without a doubt that its the biggest load of crap! To say nothing of the cost issues when it comes down to it the water saved will be sent to industry, a small amount to Geelong and pretty much all of the rest will sent down the rivers to boost flow. How will that help us? What do we get for the billions of dollars and in increased cost of electricity? Nothing!

The tool has also promised to spend 3 billion dollars in the next 5 years upgrading the easter treatment plant. 99% of the people in the water and power industries know his promises on these issues are a total load of crap.

On the other hand Ted is a multi millionaire isent he with investments in so many companies? I can see his decisions if he wins just done to help line his posckets more.

I belong to the working class, i used to vote for labour but now i dont' believe in any of them at all so i VOTED for the GREEN.

I voted for the GREEN now i thought about it i'm like F**K me, what if they want FOUR CATs in every cars to keep the GREEN GREENER!

Oh well, too late :rofl:.

Dont' forget to pick up today Herald sun, free DVD copy of Making Poverty History concert.

Just out of curiousity, who do you think are the militant unions? There probably are some, but doesn't mean they all have to be laballed as the same.

Martin Kingham's mob is pretty bad, not as bad as the BLF where though (I had a number of run in's with them.) I have no issues with the principle behind union's, it's some of the policies that they have that I have problems with.

vote labour!!

liberal wants more cops on the roads!

True, they want a more visible police presence, not hiding in unmarked cars and behind speed camera's. They are also going to introduce a more realistic tolerance to speeding, and give cops more discretion when it comes to either warning or fining drivers.

and when you get your defect you'll know who to thank ;)

Yep, myself for driving a vehicle with defective items, common sense suggests that.

Although there may be others who believe the Police or the government are to blame for them breaking the law, I say good for them! ;)

Edited by ToF

Yep, myself for driving a vehicle with defective items, common sense suggests that.

Although there may be others who believe the Police or the government are to blame for them breaking the law, I say good for them! ;)

if your sense thinks that having an exhaust/bov etc qualifies as a offence that justifies a $$$ penalty, then you obviously think that these modifictions seriously warrant a car unsafe or "defective" so as to endanger your well being.....and so therefore you must be grateful that bracks and his new laws step in to protect you from harm...... ;)