New Undercover Cop Cars and stuff

R32JSN

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 cops were seen at a northern suburbs import dealer a couple of days ago checking a s1 r33 gtst front bar to see if their undercover rader and whatever else there trying to hide under there would fit

just a heads up

that reminds me i saw a copper in a white s1 yesterday arvo going through the back area of wangara dont know whether or not it was his car, but it sure was odd seeing a cop in a skyline :O i wouldnt see why they would buy second hand cars, but with wa police who knows :)

maybe some of these unmarked cars are their personal cars (wrx, skylines) i've even seen them in a hyuandi accent!

maybe sometimes when their assigned marked car is getting a service/upgrades or maybe if all cars are already on patrol they use their personal cars if they can fit the correct equipment into it?

thats the only thing i can think of as i dont think the government would provide government funding for buying second hand skylines and wrx's.

my dad was speaking to the cop/detective that lives across the road from us! he said they are trying a few experimental things with different cars, he said now days every body can spot even an unmarked commodore so they want to use a different range of cars to blend in and catch people out more :)

was actually one of the first times we have ever talked to the cop across the road from us and he sounds like a pretty decent guy, if i have any q's about cops i just gonna ask him from now on :happy:

on another note, he also said he likes my car :happy:

Surely clearly visible marked police cars deter people from speeding (and other crimes) then the next to non-existent fear of an undercover cop car being around. They should be spending the money on more marked cars if they really want to stop speeding, instead of wanting to increase revenue from speeding fines.

oh btw had a marked police car following behind me (changing lanes and all) for about 10 mins the other day and a commodore went past in the right lane at around 95km in a 70km zone and the cops just continue to follow me... good to see they're doing their job :P

beware parked wagons on the side of the road!!!! hehe

Walked past a multinova this afternoon (ok its victoria, but I dont think it will be long before they hit Perth...if not already)

this multinova was a little different that usual, as it had a falcon wagon attached to it :P

it went a little something like this...

the wagon is parked on the side of the road and appears totally innocent from behind. The camera operator is sitting in the passenger seat with a camera mounted on the dash in front of him. The radar is situated on the top of the front bumper between the nudge bar uprights. Then there is a set of spotties attached to the nudge bar, with the passenger side spottie angled to the road as it is actually the flash for the camera.

Sneaky little devils :) lol

i usually feel like an idiot telling this story but i might as well

about a few months after i got my p's i came to realize where a common camera setup on marmion was,

so this one time i was going to joondalup and was doing about 90 and decided to try an creep up on the side of an xtrail so if there was a camera i try and hide my plate behind it, so in the good old civic i speed up to 130 (there was no one else accept this other xtrail.)

well as stupid as it was i did it and slowed right down next to it only to have my sister tell me that "theres cops", i look and think wtf, then i look in the xtrail and theres 3 uniformed cops sitting in there all staring at me, now the car they were in was obviously one of there own cars cos there were no light, antenas etc, so i try to slow down cos i was panicking and the driver put his arm out the window and was signaling me to pull over (heaps of people said i didn't have to stop cos they went in a police equipped car) but i stopped any way as i had done the stupid thing.

any way they had a yell about how they saw me FLY down the street in their review mirror and i nodded, they looked at my age on my license and asked if every thing was all in check, so i sed yes then he gave me back my license and said "speed limit here is 80 not 110 like you were doing" and walked away and left

i just had to laugh cos i knew i was doing 130 :P

i dont know what this has to do with any thing but there a story for ya :)

2 cops were seen at a northern suburbs import dealer a couple of days ago checking a s1 r33 gtst front bar to see if their undercover rader and whatever else there trying to hide under there would fit

just a heads up

Some one should paint up a skyline to look like a cop car, and see how they like it.

i usually feel like an idiot telling this story but i might as well

about a few months after i got my p's i came to realize where a common camera setup on marmion was,

so this one time i was going to joondalup and was doing about 90 and decided to try an creep up on the side of an xtrail so if there was a camera i try and hide my plate behind it, so in the good old civic i speed up to 130 (there was no one else accept this other xtrail.)

well as stupid as it was i did it and slowed right down next to it only to have my sister tell me that "theres cops", i look and think wtf, then i look in the xtrail and theres 3 uniformed cops sitting in there all staring at me, now the car they were in was obviously one of there own cars cos there were no light, antenas etc, so i try to slow down cos i was panicking and the driver put his arm out the window and was signaling me to pull over (heaps of people said i didn't have to stop cos they went in a police equipped car) but i stopped any way as i had done the stupid thing.

any way they had a yell about how they saw me FLY down the street in their review mirror and i nodded, they looked at my age on my license and asked if every thing was all in check, so i sed yes then he gave me back my license and said "speed limit here is 80 not 110 like you were doing" and walked away and left

i just had to laugh cos i knew i was doing 130 :huh:

i dont know what this has to do with any thing but there a story for ya :laugh:

A bit off topic - but a cop is always a cop... as in they can still deal with you when they are off duty. They just get your details and send you a summons later.

i was with a mate when he got pulled over and we got talking to the coppers, told us there's a heap of new xr6t's, electric blue were chase ones and black ones...for some other squad they have.

he also said they are pushing not to get ve's because of how close the front wheels are to the front of the car. ie- minor front ender renders the car useless as the bumper jams the fronts up to easily, isn't a big enough bumper 2 crumple n keep going. hence theres a few more falcons on the scene now. (as WA police were trying to steer clear of ba/bf's coz of the direction their tiptronic controls were)

I heard there is a orange WRX Sti getting around thats a police car too. Won't mention the persons name incase he wants to stay anonymous!

Was in Richards 180 (with his hard to remember 4 digit plates and all) once when he hooked sideways onto Canning Hwy. I look up out the window and there is an orange bus FULL of police in uniform, it was like "ummm.. Richard" Then later we had a laugh how funny it would look if he were pulled over by a bus!