SAU Community

Epa And Zorsts

khunjeng

ok I got my notice and got tested:

Hi-Flow Cat, mid muffler + hot dog + HKS Super Dragger = 94dB

Reverted to a stock system (cat back) 87dB.. was quiet as...

So...it appears you would be close to the 90dB limit with a stock zorst + cannon...I assume most people have hi-flo cats etc

To assist others, what results has every1 else got on the test?

I also recieved an epa notice the other week for my exhaust. I was told by a tuner that if you buy about 10 metres of steel wool and jam down the exhaust, u'd surely pass. Then after that, just fang it on boost and inevitably, the steel wool should shoot out the back. I'd have to do this for the fact that i have an ECV welded where the diff sits, thus not being able to change exhaust systems easily. Has anyone tried this trick?

From my run in with Office Steve Austin and his bionic hearing...

Fujitsubo Super TI cat back - and when I say 'cat', I mean a pipe shaped like a cat, and when I say shaped like, I mean it looked like a pipe. Standard front/dump.

99dB - wooh!

Put a GTSt stock system and cat on, was a delightful 88dB

3"cat ,1 foot resinator :w00t: ....mid muffler :wave: and hot dog :) 95dba.

Had to get a new muffler and swapped it for the hot dog then it was 90dba at 5300RPM(RB26).

The test is flawed because the Muffler joint that tested it with the new Muffler,(which dropped the size to 1.5 inch.)told me at 3800 RPM he had me at 97dba ;) .So much for the EPA really not knowing shit about imports.

haha a few classics...

yeah so it seems my theory about stock zorst + cannon will probably be over..

which means...basically the whole world of import drivers are over - man I was looking at my stock on the car...looked so sad...was was quite overcome..

just wait for the new twin cannon system I just designed...should be on by the end of the week.

Just wondering, are you testing it at ~4000rpm?

well i doubt it, thats not where they are to be measured.

It all changed about... umm... 18 months or so ago :laugh:

RB20 is 4200 or 4300

RB25 is testing @ 4600 or 4800

RB26 is 5200

The RB26 figure is right, i've checked it. But the others im not sure about as i cant remember.

Been just over 12 months since i've been to the EPA, soon to go back though

mate of mine got done is his VP SS and racked up 129db , since then the car has been sold.

but the test must be done in an open area, the testing peice must be on a 45degree angle , 1metre away from the exhuast.

another close mate got done in his integra with a stock exhaust, all he had was a tip and they shoved the thing right infront of his exhaustand he went over the limit

come on guys it's so not hard to find the LEGISLATION on the internet.

speculation is hopeless.

http://epanote2.epa.vic.gov.au/EPA/Publica...;FILE/317.1.pdf

edit: nissan engines Page 63

My computer nearly crashed....please....don't open it :D .

If it is that long....it has no worth to me.... :D

its 4800rpm for the RB25...you could have just asked...I got it tested 2 times this week...

twin system in the mix...I'm getting my V2.0 system tested by my mate just to see what it does with silencers and without..