SAU Community

Pwrfc Or Microtech?

PwrFC VS Microtech?

any experiences or opinions, plz post input

which is better , which runs better, is more cost effective versus adding more mods etc.

and for a Daily driver.. wouldnt it be better to actually keep the afm? for fuel consumption reasons, in different temperatures?.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really the results im lookin for..

I know there is LOADS of info on the PFC on these boards.. Not so much about the Microtech on a skyline though..

what i really want is a comparison. I mean.. the PFC was originally designed with Skylines in mind.. wasnt it?.. could be wrong there.. but also the microtech has good self learning features so ive been told,

so i need a comparison, cause im tryin to work out which route im going..

i mean i can get the PFC, get it tuned at pits or somethin, prob cost me 1600 total.

Or i can get the Micro, from Microtech to suit my rb25det, then fully tuned buy my tuners. for 2k flat.

just wondering.. is it better to spend the extra 400$. and i mean, wat if the PFC is better for the skyline..

so can anyone Compare the 2? and point out your reasons for the results.

Depends whether you want air flow readings or Air pressure, they both have their adv and dis but in reality it is what your tuner would prefer.

The microtech being Manifold Air Pressure sensor (MAP) is hesistant around zero pressure, this is a hard area to tune compared to a Manifold Air Flow (MAF) which can determine quite easy if it is flowing or not.

Depends whether you want air flow readings or Air pressure, they both have their adv and dis but in reality it is what your tuner would prefer.

The microtech being Manifold Air Pressure sensor (MAP) is hesistant around zero pressure, this is a hard area to tune compared to a Manifold Air Flow (MAF) which can determine quite easy if it is flowing or not.

Good point,

Yea tuner good with em, Might go with the FC, but hmmm, hard decision. will have to find a tuner for the FC . its a daily driver, not a race car.

Thanks for your comments guys! :D

Edited by silverbulletR33

I'm using a microtech LT-8. Crappy fuel economy, crappy cold start. Not such a fantastic ECU for a daily driver. Power FC is prolly the way to go as in my opinion microtech is more of a racing ecu. So yea, PFC is probably the go for you, except i have a thing against AFM's (don't know why, i just do).

www.nengun.com

www.ebay.com

Still plenty around, just have a look.

nengun doesn't have any in stock.. ebay ? you actually looked for an rb25 one? ZERO. The only ones that are around, are the ones that haven't updated their stock levels properly. When you ask 'no sorry, don't have that model anymore, have the others'

"plenty around" my ass...

had a microtech on my s1 33 gtst actually was the first in adelaide to have their 'plug n play' setup. in short it was very poor as a daily driver, mostly cause it did not have enough adjustment for cold start idle up etc. but as alredy stated, fine for a race/weekend only car. oh yeah and definately agree that your tuner is EVERYTHING when dealing in aftermarket ecu. my choice PFC :)

I have tuned quite a few of both, and unless it has 1000hp and the afm is casing a restriction, the pfc has many more features than the microtec, and will return better fuel economy/cold start/drivability with far less tuning. Most dyno shops can tune a pfc, and many have datalogit, if they cant, i wouldnt let them tune my car.