SAU Community

Swaybars

huddy

hi there

done a search, dug up some old threads - need some confirmation with some things!

i'm looking at some whiteline adjustable swaybars - from what i've seen S13 and GTR both fit front and rear? Would the GTR be thicker? if not i'll just get S13 adjustable front and rear.

what thickness is available (thickest possible)?

what are part codes for the whiteline bits?

thanks

-Matt

hi huddy

yea the s13 adjustable fit, this is what i have for my car.

Although there will be a cefiro one soon, made up from my stock ceffy front bar. im testing the new whiteline proto type on my car at the moment organised through sydneykid.

Thanks resin

what is the thickness of your S13 front and rears? i think i read you got the blade adjustable type?

what is the difference with the blade adjustable type? Blade adjustable thicker? and how thick?

i've emailed whiteline - and they werent very helpful - couldnt even recommend a s13 one.

spoken to gary also - but i need these quicker than that - and also will be organising through one of my sponsors, and i think gary only wanted to sell through himself as it is his design (which is perfectly OK).

thanks

-Matt

hi huddy

yea the s13 adjustable fit, this is what i have for my car.

Although there will be a cefiro one soon, made up from my stock ceffy front bar. im testing the new whiteline proto type on my car at the moment organised through sydneykid.

Wonder if they would fit a bigger sumped sr20 conversion - they're pretty common these days in Aus.

well the blade adjustable bars are 27mm at front and 20 at rear. 3 adjustment holes on bar at front (and two in the bracket) and 2 adjustment holes in the rear bar.

Interms of room in the front around the stock rb20 sump the ceffy and s13 bars are the same ...there about 10 to 15mm space. if thats anyhelp.

Front - Swaybar-h/duty Blade adjustable. 92-94 SR20 - BNF21Z - 27mm

Rear - Swaybar-h/duty Blade adjustable - BNR20Z - 20mm

Other Rear - Swaybar-X heavy duty Blade adjustable - BNR20XZ (not entirely sure) maybe 20 with additional adjustment hole maybe ...dunno

what thickness is available (thickest possible)?

what are part codes for the whiteline bits?

On the Group Buy there are 22mm and 24mm rear adjustable stabiliser bars.

Whiteline have indicated that due to lack of numbers, they won't be listing the Cefiro front bar.

So I will be making both front and rear bars available on a Group Buy early in the new year.

They will be part of a full kit same as Skylines R32/33/34

:laugh: cheers :)

well just had someone return a call who was looking to see if the s13 ones fit - they reackon they were on the phone to 6 different suspension places 'who have been in the business for 20years...' and they DONT fit. LOL. ok. my reply was - well these cars havent been here for 20 years and i know that they do fit and people have whiteline adjustable s13 swaybars in their cars :S.

end rant... lol

What spring rates you have again? was is 10/8?

I wouldn't be getting a 27mm front bar with those rates, or a 24mm rear bar. I'd say 24/22mm would be the go.

Whiteline swaybars are also solid. Hollow swaybars are better, but FAR more expensive.

thats right, its a common misconception that solid bars are better. Hollows have more resistance to twisting then solids. But yes, as salad said they are bloody expensive for what they are.

This is why GTR bars are such a good upgrade for the money, they are hollows and work really well.

Well not exactly more resistance. They are less resistant to torsional loads when both are the same diameter, but they are more efficient.

If you had 2 bars, 1 hollow and 1 solid of the same torsional stiffness, the hollow one will be around 30% of the weight. But the hollow one will have a much larger diameter to achieve the same stiffness, so then you start having troubles fitting them into standard D-brackets and much more expensive to make.

Hollow spring steal isn't available in a huge range of sizes, is more expensive and more expensive machinery is needed to manipulate it properly.

And there isn't much difference in brands of swaybars. They are all made from the same grade spring steal. The Japanese also get their spring steal from Australia :(

Edited by salad