SAU Community

Cover Car Of Drift Heaven Mag Dec Issue

funkymonkey

Out of curiosity, how can you tell the difference?

Aside from it being RWD - is there any way to tell if it's a RWD converted RS4?

Apart from the artical saying it is a WGC34, have a look at the strut towers in the engine bay

Rwd Stagea have totally different strut towers to a 4WD RS4

Rwd front suspension does not have the upper wish bone arm and use a different front strut/shock.

Apart from the artical saying it is a WGC34, have a look at the strut towers in the engine bay

Rwd front suspension does not have the upper wish bone arm and use a different front strut/shock.

Does that explain the shots of the modded strut towers? I was wondering what that had to do with the rest of it. I mean, the turbo that was capable of swallowing a small child was pretty self explanatory, but I couldn't figure out what the re-welded strut tops were trying to show.

but I couldn't figure out what the re-welded strut tops were trying to show.

Spot Welds for Chassis regidity im assuming

Something you see on most drift car out of Japan

On another note this thing is so damn hot!

Thanks Darrin - is there any benefit to running this at all? Or is it simply just the way that you run different setups? 4WD - you want the upper wishbone arm, RWD, you dont?

Thanks Darrin - is there any benefit to running this at all? Or is it simply just the way that you run different setups? 4WD - you want the upper wishbone arm, RWD, you dont?

I can't answer what the benefits are, but the 2 are not interchangeable. The RWD Stagea comes from the factory with a totally different chasis/strut tower and supsension mounting points in the front to the 4WD version, so the suspension will not be interchangable

If your car is a 4wd version, have a look at your strut towers and compare them to these rwd version towers. You should be able to spot the differences in size.

Thank fck I've got broadband. Nice shots Shan, and no shortage of them either! Good work!

RWD strut towers gives you a bit more room in the engine bay for adding accessories, I've got no idea where I'd be able to mount a remote oil filter mount or catch can...

It looks like that car has had just a few changes to it... RB25 to a RB25 NEO...several Intercoolers etc... I can't read japanese but i assume it would be revealed in the article

It looks like that car has had just a few changes to it... RB25 to a RB25 NEO...several Intercoolers etc... I can't read japanese but i assume it would be revealed in the article

my bad?....stupid mistake...they just brought the plastic crap cover off... stoopid chris...stoopid chris :dry: