SAU Community

Hicas Lock Bar

oweban

I'm thinking of getting one of these, because when HICAS comes on, it feels like the power steering has shut off, and frankly that don't feel too good.

How much are these, in general, and where would I look to get one? I wanna make sure I get a decent one, then obviously I'll have to work out a way to install it. :yes:

I'm thinking of getting one of these, because when HICAS comes on, it feels like the power steering has shut off, and frankly that don't feel too good.

How much are these, in general, and where would I look to get one? I wanna make sure I get a decent one, then obviously I'll have to work out a way to install it. :/

I bought mine on Ebay and installed it myself...very easy...Good Luck

PS: Just because the hicas light comes on doesn't necessarily mean that the hicas is the faulty item. There can be many causes of the light coming on some of which a hicas lock bar will not fix.

It's not on permanently, just randomly, it seems. When I notice the wheel becoming sluggish, the light is usually on.

Power steering fluid level is perfect. *shrug*

Let me give you an example. There are 4 screws on the back of the cluster. if any one of them is lose, the hicas light will come on and you'll drop powersteering.

A faulty speedo can do the same.

Basically anywhere along the line can cause the light to come on.

I hope for your sake that the bar will fix it.

Let me give you an example. There are 4 screws on the back of the cluster. if any one of them is lose, the hicas light will come on and you'll drop powersteering.

Hey manwhore where abouts are these 4 bolts you are speaking of. on the bar or in the boot near the battery?

sorry to but in, i got same problem.

I'd assumed so, seeing as the steering feels crappy when the light is on; kinda like I'm back in my old Daewoo. (sad, I know.)

Of course its gunna feel crappy! Its not working properly... Thats what a warning light is trying to tell you :)