SAU Community

American To Japanese Fm Converter

4DoorWhore

what do i need to make my American bought radio pick up Japanese stations here in japan?

ive seen the ones converting japanese domestic radios to pick up UK stations. but is there one for my US radio that i installed into my Japanese car?? i like to listen to the japanese stations sometimes and the US military has a station on the japanese channels that i would like to listen to also.

well you get what i mean, just a shot in the dark, is there such a thing??

My car came from japan with an alpine head unit. I had a car audio shop install a "stepper" for me so it stepped up the radio frequency to what is needed in australia.

Was cheap as, think it cost about $25, so although i havent answered your question there must be something similar you can buy that does the same from US to japanese.

buy a jap radio. you can go from jap (76mhz-90mhz) to local (88mhz-107.9mhz) but not the other way.

if you have a good tech there they are doing a downshift . so its taking the RF signal in and mixing it with a 16mhz LO to bring it down. the reverse can be done if you can do the math..

(easier to buy a jap radio :) )

My car came from japan with an alpine head unit. I had a car audio shop install a "stepper" for me so it stepped up the radio frequency to what is needed in australia.

Was cheap as, think it cost about $25, so although i havent answered your question there must be something similar you can buy that does the same from US to japanese.

I bought one of these too but i never get crystal clear radio, always sounds like it is one step off signal. It is a jap version eclipse head unit. is there any way to have the display read the right frequency as well?

I bought one of these too but i never get crystal clear radio, always sounds like it is one step off signal. It is a jap version eclipse head unit. is there any way to have the display read the right frequency as well?

yep , buy a local version of it. :)

• 4 months later...

oh well i guess thats what i was looking for... i think im almost due for a new headunit any ways... and i can spend the money since i have seen the Jap to US conversion, sounds good maybe ill rip it out when i leave.