SAU Community

Oh Dear...

Nima_

I spoke to the police about it, they said yeah basically it is illegal but they really don't care unless they have had a bad day or you've been hooning and they know it.

I'm pretty sure I will be fine, if not..I'm sure mum won't mind driving my Skyline for a while :)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont worry bout it mate. Who cares. Half the people here are P-Platers and drive r33's. f**k some even drive GT-R's...

true buying some bread and saw some P plater driving a GTR. I was jellous.

In the end its up to u...when/if u get caught...dont cry to us, take it on the chin as u know u r doing the wrong thing.

I am on my green P plates in NSW and since I held my license before the restrictions came in I am exempt. It was sure funny driving around with red P's on for a few months in the GTST :cool: It would be worth checking out if you are in the same situation, if you got your license before the restrictions came into place. The RTA or VIC Roads should be able to answer that one for you mate. Don't ask a Copper because most are weak dickhe**s who will tell you shit just to bait you. No offence to the 3 honest cops in Australia...

Edited by Chris_R33GTSt

personally i drove my r33 around a highly picked on area, i cant help it i live there, never got pulled over for no reason, although i am not on my p's. And the thing was pretty damn loud, drive sensibly, and you should be fine, you only really get in trouble if your doing something stupid, and dont be a sooky lala if u do something stupid and get picked on :w00t:

still havent been pulled over, and the car im driven now is at least twice as noisy as the line, and screams on full throttle, prolly hear it from 5 mins away :cool:

when i picked up my gts-t from Melbourne and drove to Townsville i got pulled over so many times it wasnt funny. they tried to get me for driving a high power car. but i have a qld license. so they started looking all over the car to see if anything was wrong. then they said i have the wrong wheels on. but i was only 17 then so i did look younger

I may have just made a rather large mistake..I have popped a deposit on a R33 GTS-T and before doing so I asked plenty of people whether or not it is legal to drive one while on your P plates..and almost all of them have said yes..until today I spoke with a vicroads guy and he said no, and I checked out the power to weight and I think I may have made a stupid mistake..am I just worrying too much?

I live in Victoria obviously..I notice there are a few R33 GTS-T drivers on their P's, do you know if it is legal or not? I REALLY hope it is..or if there is a way around it, please let me know! (I'm really stressing, lol)

Well. Sorry if this is a waste of a post, but I am really stressing about this..wanted a skyline ever since living in Japan, hopefully this all works out.

ACTUALLY ITS NOT ILLIGAL AT ALL!!!!! my explination is a nissan skyline 33 gtst come out of the factory from japan 184 kws from japan with no cat, by putting a cat in your supposed to loose 7 kws plus japenese fuel runs more octane than ours so you loose power as well. 184 -7= 177 with power to weight i am preety sure it fits in dont quote me on it but my mate done it and cops were so pissed off he got away with it they fined him because his numberplate was 3 mm on an angle lol it is a good loop hole.

ACTUALLY ITS NOT ILLIGAL AT ALL!!!!! my explination is a nissan skyline 33 gtst come out of the factory from japan 184 kws from japan with no cat, by putting a cat in your supposed to loose 7 kws plus japenese fuel runs more octane than ours so you loose power as well. 184 -7= 177 with power to weight i am preety sure it fits in dont quote me on it but my mate done it and cops were so pissed off he got away with it they fined him because his numberplate was 3 mm on an angle lol it is a good loop hole.

Isnt all that info you just gave as useless as saying. Oh my car is a gts-t, its illegal. So ill take off the turbo and make it legal. It doesnt make a difference. Its not legal. Deal with it.

look yes it is illegal but if ur driving like a normal person u dont have much to worry about.

im on my Ps...18 with a R34 GTT.....have yet to be in trouble.....been pulled over countless times...and nothings ever happened.

like i said maybe its just luck.......but if u dont do anything stupid.....it should be fine.

dont quote me and say yes its okai to drive a illegal car....its just if u car....those are my guidelines

:D

factory power figure is 184 (187 for series 2) and thats what they go off. End of story, ALL R33 GTS-T's are OVER the power to weight limit in Victoria, and there is NO LOOPHOLE.

If you want to drive an R33 GTS-T on your p plates, then be prepared to pay any fines that come your way. end of story.

You sir, are an idiot

There is always one, but for gods sake.

DONT POST WRONG INFORMATION

Should I tell him that I drive an R33 GTS-T on my p's, that is well over the power to weight limit, before he accuses me of being an old timer that thinks p-platers should drive corollas... or just leave it? :D

It's Illegal. Full Stop.

even R32's push the limit of the rulings.

won't matter in six months time as the new laws come in with a blanket ban on turbo's, 8's etc etc etc ie NSW laws.

hope you are off your P's by then or you are really screwed.

meh, who cares man, everything is illegal nowadays, if you get caught just take it and pay the fines. i mean youve gota bigger chance of getting caught if you had a huge exhaust that was loud as or you drove like a dick. like i said before i to drive a 33 gtst 'high powered' but every mod im planning to do il do sensible for example turbo back exasust 3 inch tip, quieter. painting my cooler black, every lil bit you do helps.

If you drive under the speed limit, not rip other cars of the lights, not go sideways on main roads etc etc youl have a much LESS chance of getting pulled over

It's Illegal. Full Stop.

even R32's push the limit of the rulings.

won't matter in six months time as the new laws come in with a blanket ban on turbo's, 8's etc etc etc ie NSW laws.

hope you are off your P's by then or you are really screwed.

if you have gotten your p's before the new restrictions come in, these new laws don't affect you.

i e-mailed vic roads.

:]

Edited by Nebz