SAU Community

2007 F1 Season

wolverine

oh, and thanks a bunch channel ten for delaying the telecast so you can rip off halfwits who text in for your fking big brother quiz. arseholes.

LOL

i said exactly the same thing last night when i switched to ch10 and realised i had another hour wait infront of me

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not the most exciting race ever, but some fabulous driving from the McLaren boys, on the limit through the swimming pool section!!!

Hilarious weekend from the Ferraris, the image of TWO ferraris parked at Rascasse this year will stay with me forever, maybe they should get Badoer out in the spare car next year and make it a trio!!!!

Every F1 race is good, some are more exciting than others thats all.

Now we are off to the engine and brake killer Canada.

has formula 1 in the past decade ever not had a boring race?

Yep. Micheal Schumacher's last race. :P

Bad luck for Ferrari once again.

Alonso had some gay luck. Hamilton shouldve been allowed to race him in the later stages of the race, he had the pace! Screw team orders.

The fact that kimi stopped in Q2 in exactly the same place as schumi had done sent me into tears.... the irony of it all was just too much. One of the better moments of this year

Ferraris long wheelbase was to blame for their embarrasment. Expect normal viewing to return in Canada... and hopefully some OVERTAKING down the back straight. Ill call it now and say that onr of the Red Bull cars is going to put it into the 'wall of champions' at some point in the weekend... im getting a Scott Speed vibe i reckon

FIA to investigate McLaren team orders

28 May 2007

Formula One racing’s governing body, the FIA, is to investigate McLaren’s one-two victory in Sunday’s Monaco Grand Prix, following suggestions that team orders played a part in Fernando Alonso’s win over Lewis Hamilton.

“The FIA has launched an investigation into incidents involving the McLaren Mercedes team at the 2007 Monaco Grand Prix in light of a possible breach of the International Sporting Code,” read an official statement released Monday.

McLaren boss Ron Dennis admitted that the unusual strategic requirements at Monaco meant the team had to more or less decide in advance which driver would win the race, and Alonso and Hamilton were told to hold station in the latter stages of the Grand Prix. However, Dennis insisted the decision was purely tactical and that the team had not manipulated the result of the race in any way. The FIA will now review the relevant evidence and will make a further announcement in due course.

... i LOL'd

All because the english fleet street journo's are pissed that Hamilton didnt get a chance to pass Alonso for the win... you petty idiots.

There is (allegedly) a bit more too it than that. Apparently Hamilton had three more laps of fuel up his sleeve when McLaren dragged him in for his first pit stop.

Be interesting to see if the McLaren works anywhere near as well in low downforce configuration.

Nice work by Alex Wurz, too, by wtf happened to Rosberg?

nothing will happen, this is bullshit, deal with it

PM this to everybody in fleet street and we can move on to the next race. There is a mulitude of reasons they can make up to spin their story so i really dont see any point to this. Maybe its just a placebo type deal to quiet down the idiot sector of the media

I must admit, in recent history, the 2000 season was about one of the last I really enjoyed...

Hey, I'm an out and out Michael Schumacher fan, but who can forget Mighty Mika's move on Michael at Spa Francochamps that year... Using Zonta as a backmarker and Mika made toast out of Michael whose tyres were in bad shape.... Japan and Nuremburg were great races that year if I recall correctly... Or when Coulthard gave Schumi the the finger at France that year.... Classic...

McLaren escapes penalty

The FIA decided on Wednesday afternoon not to penalise the McLaren team for suspected 'team orders' implicated during the Monaco Grand Prix. The sport's governing body has studied the McLaren radio messages from the Grand Prix and concluded that the team's communication with its drivers was compliant with the rules. Thus no further action will be taken.
Edited by ctjet

According to the FIA's findings: "McLaren had fuelled Hamilton for five more laps than Alonso. This allowed Hamilton the option of a one-stop strategy should the safety car have come out during his first stint."

The statement continued: "With no safety car during Alonso's first stint, there was a small but finite risk that it would come out during the five laps before Hamilton had to refuel. This would have put him behind the field and at a significant disadvantage to any car on a full (as opposed to optional) one-stop strategy. The latter cars would be expected to refuel around lap 40 - ie after the safety car had pitted if it came out during Hamilton's extra laps.

No surprise but I would think Lewis Hamilton would be having some very terse conversations with Ron Dennis presently ref: why he didn't let him run his fuel out & therefore have a chance to get past Alonso.

Small but finite chance of a safety car. What a load of bullsh!t. Worthy of Ferrari that pissweak excuse. Do you think he would have been called if Kimi was leading? Why carry the fuel through qualifying if you can't use it in the race. Fernando only just squeeked in on pole. Lewis would have spanked him with 10 - 20kg kess fuel.