SAU Community

Rb28 Vs Corvette

`nigno

Vette...

They werent the greatest build quality, but they werent that bad. Just liek any 20 yr old car there are those that have been cared for and those that have been neglected. Based on the Buick restore it doesnt seem to really matter which the one you are looking at is...you have the smarts to make it a mint car.

My only concern would be the dash...hopefully the car is still left hook so you have the chance to do the conversion properly. If they are done poorly the gremlins that follow are enough to make you cry

...but yeh the Vette. Hell throw an update front bar and rear fascia on it and you got one of these

Nova-Zr1shots014.jpg

YEHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

drifting a 4wd ? must be the new thing

Who said it was a GTR :( its an R32 GTST M-Spec with an RB25DET Conversion.

Vette...

They werent the greatest build quality, but they werent that bad. Just liek any 20 yr old car there are those that have been cared for and those that have been neglected. Based on the Buick restore it doesnt seem to really matter which the one you are looking at is...you have the smarts to make it a mint car.

My only concern would be the dash...hopefully the car is still left hook so you have the chance to do the conversion properly. If they are done poorly the gremlins that follow are enough to make you cry

...but yeh the Vette. Hell throw an update front bar and rear fascia on it and you got one of these

Nova-Zr1shots014.jpg

YEHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats hot... its right hand drive converted, been rego'd in QLD before so no f**kign around with seatbelts etc. The RHD conversion is mint, I know the guy that owns it now and has done for the past 10+ years, mate at my works dad, its just been sitting in a shed.

He bought it with the best intentions of fully restoring it and was one of the many who just didnt have the time money or knowledge to follow through with his actions. He paid top dollar and had the conversion done properly drove it stock, then took the engine, gearbox and a few other bits n pieces to just throw in a shell that had already been done, so he's got a roller minus an engine n box, and also missing seat and windshield.

Will have pics up of the vette in a couple days as it sits, taking some close ups for my old man to have a squizz at. If you have any more info on that update front and rear fascia would be muchly appreciated, I dont know much about vettes, fairly compitent with the engines and mechanical workings, just body shape year model etc is all abit of a wash to me :D

I have about 6 years of Corvette mags with tech articles etcetc. I love Vettes, one day i will own one. Only do i get a TVR or Vette first :D

I found Corvette Fever was he best mag around if you are a Vette fan. What year model did you say the Vette was? Im personally hanging out for when the 89+ models get a little more affordable. Ideally i would rather a 92 with the LT1 and updated interiors, but the L98 with 6spd of the 89 models is far superior then the earlier L98s with the Doug Nash 4 spd + 3 spd overdrives.

The update clips are pretty damn common, I see a lot of the compliance joints slapping them on 84-88 models trying to tart them up.

Heres an idea. , Build the vet and put the "RB28" in that!! :) imagine a vet with a front mount! oOo.

Anyone that puts a Jap 6 in a Yankee Muscle Car, well i would go to great lengths to see a pineapple was inserted sideways up their bum :)

• 2 weeks later...