SAU Community

What Tyres For R33 Gtst S2

want to get new tyres badly, but want to know which ones, right now have 225/45r 17 front and 235/45r 17 back, is this normal setup for GTST or can i get any bigger setup....

have no idea about tyres so might sound dump :dry:

also looking for recent price tyres not the expensive stuff... minimum 150-180 tyre mark....

any choices guys.....

Hey. I have 235/45 17" on the front and 255/45 17s on the back. The front ones scrub on the guard but only when turning and the back are perfect..... came with the car.

that tread really helps.......i will probably go with 235/45R17 front and then 255/40/r17 back,if they fit my wheels, if not probably 235 all rounds.......

front ones getting mazzis - got number 3 on wheels tyre comparison (149 a piece on bob jane) and used branded tyres for the rear. can not afford 255 brand new cos they very expensive..........

that tread really helps.......i will probably go with 235/45R17 front and then 255/40/r17 back,if they fit my wheels, if not probably 235 all rounds.......

front ones getting mazzis - got number 3 on wheels tyre comparison (149 a piece on bob jane) and used branded tyres for the rear. can not afford 255 brand new cos they very expensive..........

I have the MAXXIS MAZ-1's on my 33 in 235 front and 255 rear on 18's. GREAT TYRES!!!

Whatever you do, DONT BUY NANKANGS!!! They dont even grip very well in dry conditions, and in the wet they are just bloody dangerous! You have been warned.

not sure how good an idea it is to have different brands front to rear - means they'll behave differently.

Probably fine until you're on the limit. :/

go for the same size front and rear to keep costs of putting the better tyres on the back also lower