SAU Community

Behavioural Problems

Shoudi

Whats happenen people...

Ok. I got a R33 GTST and its starten to act a lil wierd. If you go to accelerate at a standard rate its fine aslong as you dont floor it but if you do floor it the egines jumps bout 2-3000 rpm and revs like hell n thjen goes.It does it when you go to give it a bit while your cruizing.It use to be minor but now it happens a fair bit.I'm thinken it's the clutch but my bro reckons it's turbo lag or a vacuum leak.He has never had a performance car so I don't tend to trust him on everythen so im after a second opinion.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mods:

Hybrid FMIC

Blitz Boost Gauge

Blitz Full Auto Turbo Timer

C-West R34 body kit

3" Cat-Back Kakikomoto Exhaust

C's Short Shift

Apexi Power FC + HC

Sparco Seats

4 pt Sparco Harnesses

HKS Pod Filter

Z32 AFM

Splitfire Di Ignition System

and me...

if its the standard clutch its toast, it will free rev and skip from like 2600rpm odd to 3500rpm ish. the torque increase as boost builds makes it slip. time for a new heavy duty clutch

Certainly sounds like the stock clutch is slipping under load. There's a group buy on here from C & B who does Exedy HD kits, I bought one but never fitted it before I sold the car but the price and service was excellent and would suit your application. It's important to confirm that this is the case though before you go throwing money at it, when it's revving away is it actually moving any faster or is it simply revving a lot but not making much more forward momentum? So if you're doing say 50 in second and plant it does it simply rev up but not add much speed? This would indicate a failing clutch.

Good luck.

Hey dude i have had the same problem i changed the clutch and everything is perfect now

Whats happenen people...

Ok. I got a R33 GTST and its starten to act a lil wierd. If you go to accelerate at a standard rate its fine aslong as you dont floor it but if you do floor it the egines jumps bout 2-3000 rpm and revs like hell n thjen goes.It does it when you go to give it a bit while your cruizing.It use to be minor but now it happens a fair bit.I'm thinken it's the clutch but my bro reckons it's turbo lag or a vacuum leak.He has never had a performance car so I don't tend to trust him on everythen so im after a second opinion.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Mods:

Hybrid FMIC

Blitz Boost Gauge

Blitz Full Auto Turbo Timer

C-West R34 body kit

3" Cat-Back Kakikomoto Exhaust

C's Short Shift

Apexi Power FC + HC

Sparco Seats

4 pt Sparco Harnesses

HKS Pod Filter

Z32 AFM

Splitfire Di Ignition System

and me...

Another vote for the clutch!

May aswell change it, with the mods u got a better clutch should have been next on the list anyway. May be a blessing in disguise.

Thats what im starting to think.Thanks guys thought I'd check n get anotha opinion.

Cheers