SAU Community

Your Ecu Choice

Tofu

ECU  

135 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i just got a quote for a haltec E11v2 for the car from in tune performance. anybody got any guff on these. quoted around 2700 fitted and tuned. removes air flow meter and o2 sensor. was told this is the best plug in ecu

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to a lack of research on my behalf i am running a microtech on my rb26. the car seems to drive smoothly enough but fuel consumption is rediculous. i get max 280 km out of a tank and even if a i really baby it it doesnt seem to make any difference.

rotomotion tuned it to 320rwhp with the only mods being the usual exhaust, pods, FMIC, walbro pump. 12 psi.

At this stage i would not recommend the microtech to anyone because everyone seem to get better fuel consumption than me with similar or more power. I am hoping another tuning attempt wil fix the problem. The rear bar collects a fair bit of blackness. Weather that is due to not having a cat or running too rich i dont know.

If anyone is running microtech and can get more than 300km out of a tank i would like to know about it.

theres no closed loop function on the microtech so fuel economy is crap

its a very well known issue

Ok so basically its live with crap fuel economy or change ecu. I guess that takes the microtech out of the race then because i dont know of any advantages it has over other models to compensate for its fuel economy?

atm im getting a ems stinger fitted to my car along with turbo,injectors fuel pump, i chose it because i couldnt get a power fc and ddnt want to spend 3 grand + and the tuner recomends it i llet u know how it goes should be ready next week

Ok so basically its live with crap fuel economy or change ecu. I guess that takes the microtech out of the race then because i dont know of any advantages it has over other models to compensate for its fuel economy?

there were some threads about turning off closed loop on the power fc and editing the cells around the cruising points directly to improve economy even over closed loop operation but i didnt read in much detail

have a search in the forced induction section

Just for comparison...

R32 GTR

PFC DJetro, 9.1mm 256 HKS cams, Front pipes, Exhaust, Filters, Earthed fuel pump, Sard 550's and 14psi boost usually...

410 kays to the tank...

For my money on my RB26DETT PFC all the way.

I do not want to pay for a whole heap of Wank features I (& about 80% of other ECU buyers!) am never going to need or use.

I dont care who has ran what ET on what ECU.

I have ran about 5 tuneable ECUs over the past 13years, the PFC is cheap, popular and flexible and is the only one I find it hard / impossible to tell I actually have an aftermarket ECU Fitted, which is what its all about really :D

The Wolf is getting me 500 to a tank - stock 20, 25 turbo, turbo back exhaust. Got 600 cruising to Busselton and back. If you put your foot into it tho it drinks a bit but regular driving if I come in much under 500 I would be scratching my head.

The Wolf is getting me 500 to a tank - stock 20, 25 turbo, turbo back exhaust. Got 600 cruising to Busselton and back. If you put your foot into it tho it drinks a bit but regular driving if I come in much under 500 I would be scratching my head.

Bayley,

The reason your getting such good fuel economy is cause your car is running too lean. Your AFR's are dangerously lean for a turbo car, and can lead to pinging. I'd suggest you get a retune soon, cause while you may save of fuel you'll be up for a new engine.

Cheers

Paul

I got 450+km with my old R32 GTR , power FC (airflow meters) group A turbos, Tomei 260 cams (lumpy idle too) making the better part of 300rwkw and a half dead engine.

BUT. Who gives a fig! If you have a performance car you are going to use lots of fuel or you simply aren't enjoying it!

Want ecconomy? Buy a mo-ped.