SAU Community

R30 5 Stud Conversion?

rsx84

Ok, i'm working out what i want to do in the near future and pricing up things, what i'm interested to know is,

is there any differences in the rear hubs for the HR31 and HR30/DR30??

on jenesis there seems to be nothing offered for a 5 stud conversion in the way of hubs,

but the offer front brake upgrades for 4 OR 5 stud pattern?

R31 House offer rear hubs in a 5 stud pattern at around $515 aus + shipping....lets say $600

Ok, i'm working out what i want to do in the near future and pricing up things, what i'm interested to know is,

is there any differences in the rear hubs for the HR31 and HR30/DR30??

on jenesis there seems to be nothing offered for a 5 stud conversion in the way of hubs,

but the offer front brake upgrades for 4 OR 5 stud pattern?

R31 House offer rear hubs in a 5 stud pattern at around $515 aus + shipping....lets say $600

Fronts would be easy to upgrade, just use s13 coil overs and then get a 5 stud conversion kit...

Rears i don't know...mate of mine was telling me something about using 32gtr rear rotors and cables and stuff, but im not %100 sure on what hubs to use etc etc...

Was that $600 for a pair or each hub????

fronts are no worries as i have the coilovers in already and just jap offer the hubs for the s-13 all round at about $600 as well, fronts includ bearings too sell the rear hubs to someone with an s-13 unless they would work on the HR30....

on the r31 forum they are talking about just getting the existing rear hubs re-drilled to suit. welding up the 4 stud holes and re-drilling????

i'm going to talk to an engineer about making up hubs, see if it could be done for less than what it would cost to get ones that might not fit shipped over....i think i could find a market for them aswell in small numbers...

on the r31 forum they are talking about just getting the existing rear hubs re-drilled to suit. welding up the 4 stud holes and re-drilling????

i'm going to talk to an engineer about making up hubs, see if it could be done for less than what it would cost to get ones that might not fit shipped over....i think i could find a market for them aswell in small numbers...

Nah thats for an r31 local car, i.e. live axle, round flanges. Do R30's have the same weird rear hubs as an R31, kind of square?

For an import R31 the go is Z31 300zx/200zr turbo rear hubs for the 5 stud swap.

What about Z31 rear hubs?

Also a friend of mine did a bit of research recently and found that Y31 Cedric rears may fit as well, he just needs to confirm that the rear suspension is identical to the Z31. Y30 Cedric may also be an option, but they're non-IRS.

Not sure about availability in Australia as the Cedrics were Jap market only. A few of them found their way to NZ and I do know of a Y31 sitting in a wrecker's yard with the rear end still intact...

Also a friend of mine did a bit of research recently and found that Y31 Cedric rears may fit as well, he just needs to confirm that the rear suspension is identical to the Z31. Y30 Cedric may also be an option, but they're non-IRS.

Not sure about availability in Australia as the Cedrics were Jap market only. A few of them found their way to NZ and I do know of a Y31 sitting in a wrecker's yard with the rear end still intact...

are you talking r31 or r30??

• 7 months later...

On my computer somewhere I have a pic I found of a very clean lookin RS-X with 5 stud rims, with SA plates too. never seen the car in the flesh.... if i can find the pic i will post it.

there is another one of a red RS-X with r32 GT-R rims that looks pretty pimpin. but a pretty shitty looking kit on the car.

The Cedric was available in Australia, as the 300c. There are a few around in local wreckers. They look like a cross between a Bluebird and a R31.