SAU Community

Paranoid Of Epa (vic)

Nismo Racer

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can be summonsed to the epa for any reason

for none at all if they wish, they could summon your mums stock vp commodore to the epa if they want, high unlikely but they can.

and this happens. I Vic member of my FTO club was "selected at random" by the EPA. This car was fully stock and the guy who imported and drives it is 60 yo. They got him for from indicators were not visable from 45 degress

If they want to defect you they will. they will find something...

the idea then is to get rid of the defect notice not the defect...

IT depends on what sort of day the copper is having... My step father is an ex cop, It's interesting hearing it from the cops side of things. But when it comes down to it they are just people and suffer from jealousy, envy, they get irritable and cranky. You really just need to talk to the right people in the right way and sometimes money and favours help as well...

hehe so your saying we should try bribe the cops or something :yes: ?

If they want to defect you they will. they will find something...

the idea then is to get rid of the defect notice not the defect...

IT depends on what sort of day the copper is having... My step father is an ex cop, It's interesting hearing it from the cops side of things. But when it comes down to it they are just people and suffer from jealousy, envy, they get irritable and cranky. You really just need to talk to the right people in the right way and sometimes money and favours help as well...

no offence, but fark that.

I'm beginning to get sick of 'alleged' police picking on import cars... but at the same time I'm getting sick of hearing "oh i got defected / EPA those bastards etc"

FFS if your car is modified, too low, too loud etc then it is illegal. Exactly the same as when a BMW is loud, lowered, etc it will DRAW ATTENTION.

"TUNED BY FULLY SICK MATE" in 2 foot stickers on your window will attract attention...

It is something that you have to live with; if you modify it's in your hands.

I hope you don't get EPA'd - I have, but it's a risk you run and you should know that when modifying.

yeah man, not you, but all the helpful cop-bashing posts subsequently...

good luck though, hope you don't get one, or if you do you're car can be returned to stock(ish) easily enough!

oh and just noticed your other question; wrt to RWC-

if you get a full EPA notice you HAVE to go to the inspection; a RWC is not sufficient to clear it!

no offence, but fark that.

I'm beginning to get sick of 'alleged' police picking on import cars... but at the same time I'm getting sick of hearing "oh i got defected / EPA those bastards etc"

FFS if your car is modified, too low, too loud etc then it is illegal. Exactly the same as when a BMW is loud, lowered, etc it will DRAW ATTENTION.

"TUNED BY FULLY SICK MATE" in 2 foot stickers on your window will attract attention...

It is something that you have to live with; if you modify it's in your hands.

I hope you don't get EPA'd - I have, but it's a risk you run and you should know that when modifying.

Yeap,

Totally agreed, its a part of the game.

and this happens. I Vic member of my FTO club was "selected at random" by the EPA. This car was fully stock and the guy who imported and drives it is 60 yo. They got him for from indicators were not visable from 45 degress

That wasn't EPA Chris.. it was Vicroads ADR inspection for anyone whose car had undergone compliance with a couple of workshops due to them being dodgy/not fully doing the compliance work.

Geez and I thought I had worries with my 8 (hasnt even got half the mods your skylines have)

Feel sorry for you guys. Its a shame that a tiny tiny group of "hoons" make everyone else a target also.... >_<

well i was just going to see a friend and ended up getting a major defect lol need a engineers doc now and will be getting sent to mcleod. Thinking about selling my car but then i guess they've one lol. Fkn the bacon out there cant differentiate between the hoons and the real car enthusiasts.

Guys, cops are clamping down hardcore and are trying to do there job to the best of their ability.

The only way not to get caught is to drive the following

Commodore VL to VE

Falcon XD to BF

any small 4 cyclynder vehicle non-turbo.

end of discussion.