SAU Community

Big Boys Toys Night

sab

my 2 cents worth: It is just easy to book people when there are in small numbers. Every one knew that things are going to get bad that friday night (almost the whole week, if i knew every one knew) but no cop presence. riot happens and then a knee jerk reaction. i havnt heard much after the cop presence the weekend after the riot. if the had done it properly and been there in force and not let things get out of hand, things might not have gone as bad on that friday.

what i hate most is that when you need the cops most they are no where to be found, but if u go over the speed limit by 4km or something a little bad they will catch you, as long as you are law abiding. if u r a con then no problem you can kill/rape someone and only get 12month jail, if even. i used to work at a servo and we would get regular driveoffs happen. you call the cops and they do nothing.

The laws are only for the people who obey them and they (laws) are there to make their (law abiding citizens) lives difficult. Its everywhere.

tell you what if u want to hoon, go steal a car and hoon away they wont catch you. (DONT DO IT, I DO NOT CONDONE LAWLESSNESS, u will goto jail).

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

breaking the law = breaking the law

i hope you take your car down to the scrap yard and get it destroyed then Paul... cause guess what... ur cars illegal too. As is 90% of the cars on the road.

how can u sleep at night knowing your in the same boat as Ivan Milat(sp?) and Martin Bryant?

:)

U hardend criminal u.

Seriously Paul... theres a difference between being defected because your doing something stupid. I suppose the next time theres a dyno day and the cops rock up and defect all the cars there, including yours, your answer will be "breaking the law = breaking the law"

Thats just pathetic... SHAME ON U VIC PO PO

Yeah, most of the cars in those pics had gone when I rocked up at 7:30. I was hoping to meet some of the people from this forum, but I didnt stay around long. I didnt want the cops checking out my ride, even though there wasnt much, they could still do me. BT and BOV.

Yeah, most of the cars in those pics had gone when I rocked up at 7:30. I was hoping to meet some of the people from this forum, but I didnt stay around long. I didnt want the cops checking out my ride, even though there wasnt much, they could still do me. BT and BOV.

hmm i think i had just driven off at that point

I think the whole situation has been handled very poorly by Vic Pol. I believe a police presence at such organised events should be to fly the flag in a positive way and only issue fines/NOU/EPA to people being obvious idiots doing Burnouts etc.

This will only make things worse with police now appearing to be against organised groups of enthusiasts it will only turn more and more enthusiasts against police and IMO end up bringing out more "hoons" illegal underground drags etc. What else can it do when you try doing the right thing organised safe event with obvious support of Chadstone and car companies and enthusiast groups and it's treated so poorly.

Your actually incorrect as my understand of the law inquestion goes.

The car park is actually not safe from defects, only if it was inside chadstone venue itself.

A police officer is well within thier rights to defect anyone in a public carpark, be it privately owned or publically... its still a public carpark that public laws still apply to.

It'll be interesting to see how the lawyers wanna spin it, but the law is the law so its going to be a costly battle where the win % is extremely low

That said, its an absolute disgrace on behalf of the Victoria Police.

Utterly disgusting, but this is how they operate these days, if you voted for Bracks, you are also to blame :D

Its also a lesson to people that attend public shows, remove you number plates/rego stickers.

You cant be defected then... :sorcerer:

Its rule #1... been like that for a good 3 years now when the cops used to patrol AutoSalon trying to do the same.

We had already thought of this - then guess what, cop gets out of car and orders every one to put on their number plate :)

Absolutely ridiculous response by VICPol. A disgrace to any uniform wearing professional. Graeme your thoughts are in line with my friends on the force and their attitude is it will just drive groups underground further until there will be further acts of outright defiance of the law. In fact I'm off to Qld where this is less of a problem but I will be working within the club up there to organise events in a military fashion with actions on rules for the arrival of uninvited police presence. Basically just bomburst out with a number of backup RVs to recollect at to continue our meetings, all events will be kept in a secure members only area of the forum or by direct invitation and a few other security procedures. Not because I dislike police (clearly since quite a few are mates across the country) but because there are too many tools in the TMU elements that feel the need to throw around some authority.

The bottom line is there are unsafe cars, and then there are show type cars that are usually in excellent condition and the law simply does not reflect or have the ability to acknowledge such improvements in an intelligent way. Chase the smoke blowing rust buckets, not the well cared for cars.

just to clarify regarding SPDKLS getting towed, it was his decision to have it towed home and it was not impounded by the police :)

funny how the media portrayed it as getting impounded by the police.....

breaking the law = breaking the law

Yeh, you are right...but an extreme exapmple is in the 30s there were lawsal, in Germany that made things legal...even though they were desgraceful.

Im a go with the flow sort of guy...but this is wrong and to me signals a turn for the worse. Things need to change, on both sides of the fence. But fark me if i want to own a car that is going to cause me to be paranoid everytime i drive a car...even though i use it for club activities at track and legal venues around the state. What the hell does the Minister of Sport think about killing off grass roots motorsport, of ppl are to scared to own club cars, and the cost of car ownership and use continue to climb ?

Very discouraging!

This sort of shit makes me not want to drive down anywhere near the SE suburbs nemore.. unless i'm driving my gf's mirage but its got a cd player and plays music so it might get a nice yellow sticker... ;)

Unbef*knleiveable... i understand doing a job but it was meant to be a public event, more like shooting fish in a barrell for tmu.. :D