SAU Community

Maxauto Action Autokhana Driving Events

MaxAction

Howdy All,

I’m organising the MaxAuto Action and MaxTrackAttack Autokhana driving events on the big carpark at Belmont Park Racecourse about once or twice a month. Because Tarmac Events have become more popular, I would like to take this opportunity to invite you guys to compete in these events. Our MaxAuto Action events are running now in the 5th year at Belmont and are growing in popularity from year to year. I thought I let you know that we are about to start a new MaxAuto Action Series on January 28th. Sorry about the late notice and yes we only have about 10 spots left in Round 1. These are monthly events with 5 qualifying rounds followed by a Finals Event in June. Out of the 5 qualifying events competitors need to have competed in at least 2 do go through to the Finals. During the event, we present 3 courses each one an extension of the previous course so that we can ease competitors into it. Each one of the three courses is run twice by every competitor and time allowing we have a third run on the longest course. There are Outright, Class as well as Handicap Results for each round. Entry fee for these events is $73 per round per competitor. We are running two sessions per event day, the AM session from 8:00 to 12:30 and the PM from 13:00 to 16:30 and because you are away from home only for half a day it doesn’t use up too many brownie points either ;-) With only about 25 competitors per session we keep waiting time in between competitive runs to a minimum.

The first MaxTrackAttack event will be held on February 11th and differs from the above as we present competitors with only one extended course, which we run all session. This allows competitors to try different lines, suspension settings, different tyre pressures and what ever else they can change. Only their 3 fastest runs will count towards the final results. Entry fee for these events is $80 with an Early Booking Discount of $10 available for bookings received before January 27th.

If you would like more info on these events, Supp Regs, Course Designs or an entry form please send an email to [email protected] .

Thanks for your time,

Norbert

0418 922 733

As Paul said I was down there for the 1st round (am session), and I can only praise Norbet from MaxAction for a well organised, enjoyable event.

As MaxAuto Action is a proper CAMS event you must have a CAMS 2NS (or higher) licence (just a few forms, easy to get on the day), and also this means that all safety aspects are considered, the event runs smooth as, and you can compete against some pretty good cars & drivers.

This was the 1st motokhana I had entered with the GTR, and the more I talked and watched other competitors the more I learnt about good tyre pressures, gearing, the right line to follow, etc. You don't have to have a 1000hp as I didn't even get out of 2nd gear... its more about acceleration, braking and handling of tight courses, so good tyres, suspension and breaks is more important than outright power.

The morning session had about 8-10 1st timers including myself and the am session (I am told) is generally a slower group as the pm boys really turn it up.

If learning different tracks is not your thing then just enter the MaxTrackAttack, I am probably heading down for the 1st session which is 11th Feb (next weekend), I have been told that there will be a large group of Porches (around 100+) will be down there after a club charity cruise so a bit of shine as well as a day of fun... hope to see some SAUWA members down there.

Scotty

below are some pics of the day... I have some in-car-footage as well but i am not sure how to post it... if anyone can clue me in, I will upload it.

post-31060-1170074882.jpgpost-31060-1170074988.jpgpost-31060-1170075541.jpgpost-31060-1170075609.jpgpost-31060-1170075804.jpgpost-9698-1129613128.jpg

post-31060-1170076084.jpg

Thanks Guys!

That all reads pretty positive and from other feedback we received from a large number of competitors it seems we are on a winner. :D

So if anyone would be interested in joining into the action, either during the next available event MaxTrackAttack on February 11th or the next Round of MaxAuto Action on February 18th, please send me an email to [email protected]. All is available from just simple info to entry forms, course maps, supp regs as well as past results. To join our mailing list please send an email to: [email protected]

If anyone is interested in some pictures from the event, they are available from here and also from here

Cheers,

Norbert

0418 922 733

I'm interested in the Feb11/18 events, sent an e-mail to the above address. Would like more info on what is required from both Car and Driver.

How many spots are left for the Feb11 event?

Howdy,

does your email starts with gtstvspec@? Then you just joined the mailing list, but it would be good for me to know if you are the one asking for the above info. As there are a number of docs I would send I would want to bother just anyone with that. So please let me know!

Norbert, No, I'm GTS-t VSPEC :wave:

I can place all the info you sent me the other day in this thread if it's ok by you ?

Man go for it! I'm not that crash hot with the workings of forums, so I can do with all the help I can get.

My excuse, I know how to run motor sport events ;-)

lukits, Unfortunately we are not, as when we started the club there was very little interest in Cams events.

I've just joined the No Limits Car Club, which hold the rounds at Barbagello, only $12 for membership, and they are Cams affiliated.

http://www.nolimitevents.com/news.php

Alternately, AFARCC or WASCC are also Cam affiliated clubs.

The first MaxTrackAttack event will be held on February 11th

Now it is just one week to go! Sadly we had to cancel the AM session, so now only some spots remain available for the PM session! Yes for a change we are low on entries. Why, I have no idea! Maybe it is because there are some 150 Porsches turning up for a quick visit, while 6 of them do a run of our course. Personally, I thought that was a draw card ?

Anyway, the competitors still coming, are going to have a ball with all the extra runs they are going to get :) So if you still would like to join this very busy group of PM competitors get your entry forms in now! Entry Forms, course map, supp regs and further information are available by email from [email protected].

Personally, I believe MaxTrackAttack events are especially suitable for new competitors simply because we will present only one course, which competitors will run again and again. That way they can try different lines, suspension settings, tyre pressures etc. To evaluate their progress, timing will be in place. At the same time there will be very experienced competitors, who in most cases, are more than willing to share their knowledge and give advice on the above. Then new comers can watch the experienced guys demonstrating exactly what they just talked about, while at the same time honing their own skills even further, by also trying different approaches.

Anyway enough said, the event is on, we are looking for some more entries. We hope to see some of you there, but don't forget the camera, as it is going to be an Australian if not a world record to have that many Porsches all in the one place!

Come on guys, get of the fence and into action, you know you want to!

Cheers,

Norbert

0418 922 733 or 9307 7729

Nice vid Scott. I'm lookin to invest in a vid cam and something that can be mounted, just wondering what are you using? How is it mounted? I'm thinking of entering such events in the really near future too. Just need to get my cams lisc and a helmet + mount the stupid fire extinguisher that's rolling around behind..... and a new set of rims + tyres and i'm good to go. :laugh:

Just need to get my cams lisc and a helmet + mount the stupid fire extinguisher that's rolling around behind..... and a new set of rims + tyres and i'm good to go. :laugh:

We can help you with a club membership and CAMS licence on the day no problem. For MaxAction events at this stage you don't need a helmet or a fire extinguisher, so just take it out. Tyres and rims is something else, but usually I suggest to start with what you've got, get to know your car as is. That way you learn how it handles now and will appreciate future improvement like race tyres even more.

One of our regular skyline competitors just got himself into a diff and race tyres, knowing and having been to our events throughout the last MaxAuto Action Series it made a hugh difference in his results! ...and I would say there is more to come as he gets used to the new set-up.

As for mounting the camera, make sure you get a really good set-up, because different scrutineers will have different opinions about it. So don't be too disapointed if one is okay with your set-up and the next is not, they have the final say! Usually they are looking for mounting cameras on rollcages, which most cars haven't got.

Just my 2 cents

As for mounting the camera, make sure you get a really good set-up, because different scrutineers will have different opinions about it. So don't be too disapointed if one is okay with your set-up and the next is not, they have the final say! Usually they are looking for mounting cameras on rollcages, which most cars haven't got.

I had a very small camera (no tape or dvd, just memory card) mounted on a tripod, and the tripod was secured with the rear seatbelts... very secure and looked like a mini rollcage!!! But as Norbert says it's the scrutineers call and I was prepaird to remove it if they said "nup"... just my luck they gave it the "yup"!!!

Problem I have now is whether to enter in this Sunday's event cos I dislocated my right shoulder on the weekend while skiing, and it's failry tender. My "normal" driving is ok but not sure if I should risk the event on a 50/50 shoulder? Anyone going to twist my arm into it (only the left please)?

Anyone going to twist my arm into it (only the left please)?

Harold with the white Skylne GTST will be there again, trying to further improve with all his new gear. There will be a very quick yellow S15 mixing it with three of the Lotus Elise, A 5.8 litre Cobra, two EVOs, a new rally reg WRX STi plus another WRX, an XR6 turbo, a V8 Beamer and some Celicas. The show stopper will be a V8 Commodore Wagon. Trust me the guy is an ace driver. He is not to be missed. Was there in a V6 wagon before and we were just standing there mouth wide open how he was handling the thing around the course.

Anyway if that doesn't twist your arm maybe 150 Porsches turning up around 13:30 will, so make sure you have the camera there! Please remember PM session only!