SAU Community

Is Going From 34gtt To 32gtr Upgrade Or Downgrade

upgrade or downgrade  

422 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id go a R33 GTR over a R34 GT-t.

I simply hate R32s ;)

Drove my cousins 400hp R32 GTR the other night, and I couldnt wait to get out. Broken air vents, torn drivers seat, guard rust, noisy lifters and go-kart feel.

P.S I love my whale :)

alot of GTR have rust in guards.. i knw of one or two and heard of many more.. and airvents is a problem..

noisey solid lifters thats the price u pay for an performance engine it wont be whisper quiet like a GTT. but anyone thats seen my car will say that GTR can be quiet.. got a real quiet one here.

i got one broken center air vent.. and thats it.. interior is perfect. really good steering wheel. mint... seats perfect. rear seats looks like ass virgins..

things come with age.. most unfortunate.. :P

LOL...i love how the R32 GTR boys rally to the defence of a car....nothing is better then hearing about the clear superiority of the GTR, especially on the track only to go quicker in a poverty pack R32 GTST :)

The technology and shopiing list does nothing for you if none of it works :D

Its up to you, id say too may generalisations...inc mine. It is all very condition dependent. I cant say i have seen too many R32 GTRs with nice paint, transfer case, brakes and engines, let alone maintenance and mods that have been carried out by 'performace' shops :)

Id like one, but not when you add up the cost of things i would need to do to one so that it would do what i want from a car. But what i want from a car may be different to you...

I wonder how many R32 GTR guys have driven an R34 GTT fast. I know when Adzmax ventured out in his fairly stock R34 GTT on good tyres at PI he was pretty quick all things considered. (I think it was his first track day to boot) I only know of one R32 GTR that has gone quicker and its has a lot of money spent on it ...i mean LOTS ;)

...lol stir the pot. At the end of the dat the R31 GTS-R was the last real performance Nissan anyway :)

alot of GTR have rust in guards.. i knw of one or two and heard of many more.. and airvents is a problem..

noisey solid lifters thats the price u pay for an performance engine it wont be whisper quiet like a GTT. but anyone thats seen my car will say that GTR can be quiet.. got a real quiet one here.

i got one broken center air vent.. and thats it.. interior is perfect. really good steering wheel. mint... seats perfect. rear seats looks like ass virgins..

things come with age.. most unfortunate.. :ninja:

R34 GTT's have solid lifters just like the GTR, unlike previous RB25DET'ed cars :ninja:

• 2 years later...

Despite the fact that the topic is about as thrashed out as Kings Cross, I want to chuck in my opinion.

A good mate of mine owns SNIPER, a 322awKW '92(?) R32 GTR, which did have stock internals (+cams & cam gears). Only other money was spent on leather & carbon fibre inside, and a set of GTC's. I've been around a sweeper at 180kmh, a memorable experience. Also, the only thing I've ever driven and got tunnel vision (boosting 2nd @ 20+psi)

My housemate and great friend bought a 280awKW '94 R32 GTR, fully built R33 motor, coilovers, brakes, stock interior. I drive it probably once a fortnight at least. It rattles, bumps, blows intercooler piping off, the climate control doesn't really have a heater, it runs roughly for no apparent reason occasionally, has 3 switches and a knob to do with changing the drive bias that don't seem to work, and somehow we got it spinning the front left when the rears had traction driving onto grass...didn't think the ATTESSA allowed that to happen?

Both those GTR's are awesome. They both have low 4s to high 3 second 0-100 times. Supercar stuff. Both look ridiculously menacing on the road with stock bodywork. Both sound awesome, at idle, and on full song. Both attract huge amounts of negative attention from the authorities, young parents, and mature aged drivers every time they are out in traffic, both have 330+kmh speedos, a constant temptation, and a pain trying to work out whether or not you're speeding, as the needle hasn't even reached the 9 o'clock mark at 60kmh.

SNIPER is now off the road for the 6th+ time in 2 years, receiving a full engine build, the owner is in a LOT of debt to his bank.

My housemate smashed the front of his within a month because the malfunctioning ATTESSA combined with 280kw on a wet night resulted in an altercation with a guard rail...+$4000.

I just bought a mint, stock, '99 R34 GTT sedan, Premium pack, as my daily. The best word to describe it is "effortless". It does everything easily, without fuss. I have taken it to speed limiter, The first indication that I was getting to the end of the spectrum...well there was none. It pulled smoothly all the way to limiter. Climate Control - works a treat, it came with factory sat nav and TV, if I could read Japanese...I managed to get one with a sunroof, it's a great cruiser to drive around town. At lower speeds the car turns in harder than the seats can hold me, and it out-accelerates most other sedans, and has a nice interior too.

So, I like both, and I get to drive both, and appreciate each for its worth. My GTT for its comfort, economical maintenance, and styling, And My Mates' GTRs, for their sheer performance and thrill to drive, they make you love life as you string together a long winding road, turbos sucking up the road in front, then smoothly tracking through corner like it's on rails, before planting the throttle to hear that smooth but raw RB sound as it leaps out of the corner.

My S12 is a different kettle of fish, it's like a b*tchy go kart, that will go around just about anything (3 years worth of suspension development, and not even close to where I wanted to achieve) but with only a strong N/A CA18, it means you have to keep it screaming, keeps you completely busy and focussed behind the wheel, positive feedback from everything, driver and car in touch like the mx-5 concept. Drifting is like a rodeo, constantly feeling what the car's doing, and making aggressive changes to kick the b*tch back into line. I love driving it...it also makes me love life. But it, like the GTR's, is plagued with old age and a hard life, and is constantly breaking new things...thus, I bought a nice daily - the 34 GTT.

I'm waiting for a GTR32 on club plates.....lol, older pipe smoking tweed jacket dude owner, pork pie hat, waxing on lyrically about triple chromed grease nipples at a veteran and vintage show.

Nah, its good to see so many people on here passionate about doing up all those old skylines.....................hahaha

Your car (assumings its the one in the sig) is only a couple of years newer. Its like comparing a VC commodore and a Vk commodore, in another 5 years they are both going to look equally old.

I own a 33 and 33 Gtr, have had a few Gtst's, 180sx, Wrx, GEN3 clubsport, and 200sx

Everycar has its good and bad points.

but when it comes to the crunch nothing compares to GTR.

its whats on the inside (RB26) (4wd) which counts, none of these tacky plastic gadgets which end up beaking anyway.

as a daily driver I drive a FG Falcon, but when the weekend comes i take the GTR's for a drive. ;)

• 2 months later...

It depends on what your after. If you want all out performance and handling then the GTR is a clear winner. But if you want a good looking daily that has decent power and is fun then a 34 is the go.

A GTR will always be more expensive to repair and insure and its always going to be a thief magnet.

Its a hard decision, I'm kinda going through the same thing now, do i get a r32 gtr, a cheaper r33 gtst, or a newer 34 gtt. If only i was rich i would have them all :D .

I wouldn't buy a GTR unless it had a rebuilt motor though, I'd say 90% of original motors still running have done 200,000km's plus, and just the thought of having to spend mega $$$ on a rebuild is enough to turn me of one.

...lol stir the pot. At the end of the dat the R31 GTS-R was the last real performance Nissan anyway :D

Now if there was a factory RWD RB26DETT Bigger braked R32 with GTR panel work...

what a waste of time . who started this ? was it just an argument between your mates ? are the answeres on here exactly the same ?

one of those cars costs twice as much to modify and is already twice as old and reamed and unreilable .