SAU Community

Is Going From 34gtt To 32gtr Upgrade Or Downgrade

upgrade or downgrade  

422 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you are a cheap ass

- don't buy the GTR, actually don't buy any performance car that you are going to drive like you stole it at some point.

If you want to pick the real performance car

- It's the R32 GTR by a very very long way.

Also this is a 'depends' answer.

IF both cars are good examples of the breed, in terms of condition. You will pay similar money for built R32 GTR *Poor bastards burning away money :) as you will for a very good nick R34 GTT.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

u serious about the brakes..

hmm Group A racing machine Vs comfortable old mans car.

believe me when u own both and drive them. ull realise what a shit box the R34 is compared to something real.

in regards to comfort. i like the seating position in the R32 GTR. its far better. its lower and seated better. feel like ur in a car rather than on top of the R34. :) the steering wheel on the R34 is better. but nothing flash. the dash and surounds are PLASTIC. and the door handles are cheap and nasty.. 47000kms and they are peeling. GTR 100,000kms perfect!.. the interior is also more flimsy.. the passenger window switch is uin a akward place. as well the center console is higher than in the GTR.

the seats in the GTR are far better quality!..

and please dont get me started on the rears.. a plus for the GTT is the 5 seat belts..

THE RB25 is inferior in power despite claimed 206kw

the rear diff is a viscous compared to the 2 way mech in the BNR32

the gearbox is good. the auto is shit. the tip is a step up. but is laggy and quite dull.

and they mounted the battery in the engine bay again..? why? the R33 was in the back?

the boot is deeper but smaller in the R34. and gas strut boot is wasted weight.

the aluminum guars and bonnet on the GTR is far lighter. as well as the standard GTR suspension is far stiffer.

GTR sway bars are thicker. blah blah blah.

i still fail to see anything that stands out in general appeal.

206kw please.

also a XENON headlamp dip on the R34.. who they hell uses that.. wasted weight..

GTT dnt look as good bore like a boxy KE70

the BNR32 is a fat machine and the best looking skyline ever.

enough said.

have fun in whatever u do.

whats funny is my 1991 GTR is 8years older and shits on it still.

GTR POWAH

agrees with what he said :)...but each to their own...if u wanted comfort buy a family car

Although R32 GTRs are more common in Perth than they used to be , there still aren't many around to see.

I'd rather see an R32 GTR drive down the road than an R34 GTT, as would most. The GTST owners in every guise (like me at the moment) just wish it was the other way around.

The GTT just doesn't incite anywhere as much excitement, it may be less common but, it's a dull event.

And seeing a beautiful thing often isn't a problem, it's a blessing.

i would never look twice at a gtt driving past. But gtr's are always hot even if there as dinged up as mine. They sound awesome and drive hard. A gtt is a girl's car. All the ppl that posted that 32's r too old and ratle n shit are lame, go buy a new civic and get off this web site.

Edited by RRR32_GoDzIlLa

R32 is a real poorly trimed crude car.110k car with VN build quality,most need a basic resto now also.

34 is a huge step up in build.

R32 makes up for all its nasty bits once you drive it.

So Whats important to you?

For me an R32 is still the Import king so hunt for a well rebuilt car if they are your pick or find a good base and make it what you want as they can be had for very little money now.

After going for a spin in a T88 38GK gtr the other night, every other non-gtr is tame. I have been in and owned a few gtst's(32/33's/34's), but nothing compares to the gtr.

Ofcourse, if you dont care about ultimate performance then go the 34, but if it's performance your after you can't go past a good gtr, be that 32,33 or 34

I guess this is just an each to their own kinda thing. I never envy'd a 32 GTR, i chopped numerous in my 32 GTST, however find a nice built one and you can hear/see the difference in performance from them i agree.

My 34 turns ALOT more heads than my old 32 ever did (was kitted like a gtr without fenders but nobody knew the diff unless they were enthusiasts) it appeals to more mature people rather than the younger "racer" kind of look that you get with the GTR, but then the 32 had a few dings etc in it and the 34 is immaculate.

If you want to race its no contest, just make sure you got the $ to back up the 15 yr old problems you can run into with the GTR.

If you want to cruise its also no contest, the 34 is far more comfortable and has a more open spacious layout.

I guess in an ultimate world you could just go an buy an R34 gtr :happy:

Edited by jazza08

I would never take a step back in age if it was my choice... My 96 GTST is the oldest skyline I'll ever own - I would either upgrade to a series 3 GTR, or forget about it and look for a 2000+ sports car.

Cheers

Sumo

dunno I reckon u can make a mean looking GTT and with some decent upgrades get some decent rw power out of it. If u can drive, RWD isn't a bad thing...i'm sure with the RB26 you can make some seirous power with stock internals.

Depends which way you look at it.

Performance, handling general sportyness/throwability its an upgrade.

Interior feel, repairs, maint. its a downgrade. :happy:

I voted upgrade because I always look at things from a performance perspective. :yes:

also depends if its only going to be a daily driver or your going to give it a hammering at the local track.

if thats the case then r32 gtr it would definitely be for me.

A daily... most likely the 34.

I voted upgrade, due to the fact that i love doing everything to perfection myself and i would just get bored if i couldnt do anything bar performance upgrades.

I would be to scared to touch the r34 cause it would be to new!

With the 32 gtr you can tinker and play forever and get great results.