SAU Community

Is Going From 34gtt To 32gtr Upgrade Or Downgrade

upgrade or downgrade  

422 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a R32 GTR as a daily driver. In fact it was a work car.

I say that after driving a good example of both you will never entertain the notion that the R34 GTT is anything but a very slow puss bucket in comparison. The rest is all down to taste in looks, both interior and exterior.

amen REV210

hmm took the GTT out today to source the miss it has.. yes it has a miss why dont my GTR miss? and it was ok with traction control off. but the 265 make it difficult.. anyway i still dont like the seating position. and it seems slower and slower each time i drive it. i opened the GTR to 5000rpm once today and that made me smile ear to ear.. and kept me on a high until i witnessed federer win a championship in straight sets..

THE GTT is no comfortable.. bad seating arangement and it feels like driving a truck. not to mention the turn in is apauling.

never fear if ur looking for a good clean GTR that has genuine KMS and has mechanically A1 engine.. PM me.. its in my signature.. ahaha. just got to look around and find that deal.

i dont give a fcuk what anyone says, this is just a vote on who likes gtr's and who likes gt(s)t's.

if you want to know which car to buy or what to do, drive both and see which one makes your pants tight.

u serious about the brakes..

hmm Group A racing machine Vs comfortable old mans car.

believe me when u own both and drive them. ull realise what a shit box the R34 is compared to something real.

in regards to comfort. i like the seating position in the R32 GTR. its far better. its lower and seated better. feel like ur in a car rather than on top of the R34. :( the steering wheel on the R34 is better. but nothing flash. the dash and surounds are PLASTIC. and the door handles are cheap and nasty.. 47000kms and they are peeling. GTR 100,000kms perfect!.. the interior is also more flimsy.. the passenger window switch is uin a akward place. as well the center console is higher than in the GTR.

the seats in the GTR are far better quality!..

and please dont get me started on the rears.. a plus for the GTT is the 5 seat belts..

THE RB25 is inferior in power despite claimed 206kw

the rear diff is a viscous compared to the 2 way mech in the BNR32

the gearbox is good. the auto is shit. the tip is a step up. but is laggy and quite dull.

and they mounted the battery in the engine bay again..? why? the R33 was in the back?

the boot is deeper but smaller in the R34. and gas strut boot is wasted weight.

the aluminum guars and bonnet on the GTR is far lighter. as well as the standard GTR suspension is far stiffer.

GTR sway bars are thicker. blah blah blah.

i still fail to see anything that stands out in general appeal.

206kw please.

also a XENON headlamp dip on the R34.. who they hell uses that.. wasted weight..

GTT dnt look as good bore like a boxy KE70

the BNR32 is a fat machine and the best looking skyline ever.

enough said.

have fun in whatever u do.

whats funny is my 1991 GTR is 8years older and shits on it still.

GTR POWAH

Your wrong the brakes are the same my friend has a 90's model GTR and I have a 97 Gtst and the only difference is the cross drilled discs everything else is the same.

Its the same as the 350z they put the 34 GTR brembos in and it doesnt have the same power output.

Also if you love your 32 GTR so much why have that for sale and buy a 34GTT?

Cheers

Chris

Edited by alphanumeric

Hi there (first time posting)

I own a R34 GT-T with about 500 ponies ... and a mate owns a kick ass R32 GTR (one of the best going round) ... For me as much as I love the 32 and all that it is ... It is a pretty old car these days and unless you have a ton of money to repair things will dramatiically drop off as a car over the next few years ... where as the 34 even though not a R ... Is the superior choice ... Killer looks a ton of modern conviences not that common on the street and great fun to drive (showing my age) due to the rear wheel drive of it ... Having said that ... a R34 GTR would be sweeeeet ... :(

Your wrong the brakes are the same my friend has a 90's model GTR and I have a 97 Gtst and the only difference is the cross drilled discs everything else is the same.

Its the same as the 350z they put the 34 GTR brembos in and it doesnt have the same power output.

Also if you love your 32 GTR so much why have that for sale and buy a 34GTT?

Cheers

Chris

have u opened the brake master cylinder. the spring is stiffer on the GTR... go figure group A. and according to the DBA catalog the rotor diameter im sure is larger too. so the calipers look different.. haha woah must be nissan rice engineers.

im selling the GTR for some cash.. :( and my brother owns the GTT. but i drive both. and i can honestly say they are worlds apart.

so ur point is?

One is as you said a "group A" car and one is GT tourer so yeah they are worlds apart but my point is at the end of the day the are 15+ years older and most of the ones that havent been rebuilt as of yet arnt going to be far off it and your kidding yourself if you think it was babied in Japan cause the all cop a hiding.

They cant be too bad a car if your considering "downgrading" to a gtst or silvia can they?

I would consider it a downgrade unless as Col said it was a 33 series 2 or 3.

Chris

I would consider it a downgrade unless as Col said it was a 33 series 2 or 3.

Chris

But a high grade R32 GTR and an R34 GTT are in the same price bracket, 33GTR's are around $7K more expensive as an average and a Series 2 or 3 is even more again. Some '95 R33 GTR's may fall in with the 32GTR's and 34GTT's

I love my 32GTR no matter how long the list of things I need to repair/fix :)

Your just cranky cuz you dont have either!

By the way, I think you'll find that an r34 is heavier than a r32. Hence the same braking power in both will result int he r32 pulling up quicker.

haha yeah thats it.

But a high grade R32 GTR and an R34 GTT are in the same price bracket, 33GTR's are around $7K more expensive as an average and a Series 2 or 3 is even more again. Some '95 R33 GTR's may fall in with the 32GTR's and 34GTT's

I love my 32GTR no matter how long the list of things I need to repair/fix :)

Dont get me wrong they a lovely cars and yes I have driven one and know the pleasures of a "Cult" car im just saying a younger model car is going to have less problems then an older model. At the end of the day it depends on what he wants and the pro and cons of both. Really the only way for him to decide is to drive both.

I love GTR's as much as any Nissan enthusiast does.

Chris

one of my cars is a 32 GTR. I will NEVER sell it. simple. I can't imagine ever feeling that way about an R34... other cars will come and go, but my current 32 GTR will be with me for a long time.

2nd that. mine is staying till i die.. i love 33 and 34gtrs but to me the 32gtr is the true godzilla. i dont care about repair bill or rebiuld in the future i love my car...