The Sau Official Track Day 2007

Abo Bob

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So do we know how much it is and when do we need to have the money for the day? cause im getting inpaitient i just want to get on the track

yeah. dates what im after. have to see if it clashes with the v8 ute calander.

1 Mar 1 - 4 Clipsal 500 V8

V8 Supercar Adelaide

* Mar 15 - 18 Australian Grand Prix

Melbourne

2 Mar 30 - Apr 1 Wakefield Park

Fujitsu Series Goulburn

3 Jun 9 - 11 Eastern Creek

V8 Supercar Sydney

4 Jun 22 - 24 Sky City Challenge

V8 Supercar Darwin

5 Jul 19 - 22 Queensland Raceway

V8 Supercar Ipswich

Oct 18 - 21 Lexmark Indy 300

V8 Supercar Surfers Paradise

7 Nov 16 -18 Tasmania Challenge

V8 Supercar Launceston

8 Nov 29 - Dec 2 Grand Finale

V8 Supercar Phillip Island

count me in as a noob. been keen to pop my track cherry for a while now. could do with a few pointers too.

question

1. - how long will the day go for/how many laps would we get?

2. will there be instructors in the car with you 100% of the time?? reason why i assk is that my girlfriend is keen to come as well. and also,

3.what sort of speeds would a stage 1 mods r33 gtst get up to on this sort of track??

count me in as a noob. been keen to pop my track cherry for a while now. could do with a few pointers too.

question

1. - how long will the day go for/how many laps would we get?

2. will there be instructors in the car with you 100% of the time?? reason why i assk is that my girlfriend is keen to come as well. and also,

3.what sort of speeds would a stage 1 mods r33 gtst get up to on this sort of track??

Answers,

1.- how much petrol you willing to use? usually scutineering starts about 8am racing starts from about 9am. The day finishes at 4pm i think or 4.30pm. Last time i went there i did 250km's and a whole tank and finished early! could've done atleast another hrs track time

2.- there's no instructor as such, but if you want someone experienced to show you the lines for a few laps then i'm sure we could find someone to show you. You can take your girlie in the car and scare the shit out of her. I plan to do it to my wife.

3.- What do you mean by stage 1 mods?? if you mean exhaust pod FMIC then look at times around 1.15-1.20 depending on driver ability, I had these mods and had semi slicks aswell and ran a 1.13.6

Answers,

3.- What do you mean by stage 1 mods?? if you mean exhaust pod FMIC then look at times around 1.15-1.20 depending on driver ability, I had these mods and had semi slicks aswell and ran a 1.13.6

Yeah that sounds about right.. although I think he meant "what speed" as in km/h.

jaimzr33: If you havent got a speed limit defender or aftermarket ECU you're probably not gonna get much above 180km/h. If you do have either then expect a max speed between 160 and 220km/h depending on your lines and braking ability. To be honest you wont (or probably shouldnt!) be concentrating on your speedo at this point anyway, as the 1st corner will be coming at you much quicker than you're probably used to :thumbsup:

Answers,

1.- how much petrol you willing to use? usually scutineering starts about 8am racing starts from about 9am. The day finishes at 4pm i think or 4.30pm. Last time i went there i did 250km's and a whole tank and finished early! could've done atleast another hrs track time

2.- there's no instructor as such, but if you want someone experienced to show you the lines for a few laps then i'm sure we could find someone to show you. You can take your girlie in the car and scare the shit out of her. I plan to do it to my wife.

1. as much as it takes to improve my driving :laughing-smiley-014:

2. instructor would be good for the first few laps. and yes, scaring the shit out of my gf is definately on the agenda :thumbsup:

3. stage 1 - exhaust, intercooler, pod, bc

Those mods you wont even get to the 180km/h speed limiter. You can have one of the experienced guys out with you most of the day if you want.

Passengers will need a Wakefield licence as well as drivers just so you know. I think it's about $45 a year.

When is all the payment and official booking details going to be up, just getting to impatient!

And will there be much drifting possible or will the spit the dummy?

When is all the payment and official booking details going to be up, just getting to impatient!

And will there be much drifting possible or will the spit the dummy?

I dunno if the officials will get cranky but I will :nyaanyaa: ha ha last time I was there I was behind a guy drifting and he screwed up so many of my laps for me, However once when I was there they had a few drift sessions through out the day so that may be the case this time too

very keen to hit the track for the first time. count me in. i will be headin down from Newie, is there anyone else going from this area?

hope to see you all there,

Boz

very keen to hit the track for the first time. count me in. i will be headin down from Newie, is there anyone else going from this area?

hope to see you all there,

Boz

Quite a few coasties will be heading there... closer to the time we will organise a meetup point for everyone from around the area :)