SAU Community

R33 Rb30 Conversion

JNR24

Read again mate..

"Having the high-flowed stock turbo was always questionable, but even more than before the conversion, it spools up so quick and holds 18 psi efficiently"

He said he got 300kw at 18psi on the high-flowed stock turbo ...

haha i did read again .. how about you?

Stock hi-flow making near 300rwkw on 15psi............. are you sure?

My 35/40 only cracked 300rwkw on 18-19psi.

Yeah, that looks very similar to the hi-flow i had on mine, but i only made 235rkw on 17psi with similar mods.

Have you had yours on a dynodynamics dyno?, be interesting to see the difference compared to the dyno you used.

Only when I first bought it.

I had different mechanics who stuffed up the fuel maps even more.

It showed 192 kw on a MDXDyno.

Had bad burble problem , the car ran horribly compared to when I had it tuned at Joviant Performance, came back at 247 kw off the hub.

It would be interesting to see the difference.

What fuel are you running?

Turbo specs?

What fuel pressure are you running? :thumbsup:

Vortex

Turbo specs editted in the results thread

Will get back to you with fuel pressure, haven't been game to take my eyes off the road yet.

Mechanic says I still have more pressure available but he's worried about the injector seals leaking.

Apparently stock ones have done this.

Also will post an in-car vid soon as soon as I can find a way to hold the camera still.

Don't want another video of ugly feet...

What fuel are you running?

Turbo specs?

What fuel pressure are you running? :thumbsup:

Vortex

Turbo specs editted in the results thread

Will get back to you with fuel pressure, haven't been game to take my eyes off the road yet.

Mechanic says I still have more pressure available but he's worried about the injector seals leaking.

Apparently stock ones have done this.

Also will post an in-car vid soon as soon as I can find a way to hold the camera still.

Don't want another video of ugly feet...

did you do any other work to the motor, cams or port/polish etc?

still awesome results though mate.

That turbo doesn't look like a t3/4 at all. :thumbsup:

It runs what looks like a 6blade comp wheel, notice the turbine wheel location has had the sh*t machined out of it. To myself.. It looks slightly bigger than a GCG highflow item, well the turbine side appears to be machined more so and its not running the crappy 7 blade comp wheel, its possible its running a gt3040 or gt3076 core or something.

I've been told it is possible to fit the 60mm turbine wheel in the vg30/r34 turbine housing by ATS here in Adelaide. I believe GCG use a slightly smaller turbine wheel than the better 60mm item.

I do suspect the turbine housing you have there is the slightly larger vg30/r34 item as on the rb25 it comes on around the 4k mark, on the 3ltr that would be around the rpm's you are talking.

EDIT: I've just had a really close look at the turbine housing, it does appear your not running the gt30 turbine wheel as I can see a slight lip, I measured the opening on my rb20 and vg30 turbine housing and for a 60mm turbine wheel to fit in there there will be no lip.

None the less the power is up there, its not like it will be making 200rwkw, its obviously around 250rwkw possibly 260 nudging close to 270 on a run of the mill dyno dynamics. ;)

Thats based on sensible (well not that sensible) fuel pressure through the stock injectors. Any more than 250-260rwkw and its just a matter of time. :ermm:

did you do any other work to the motor, cams or port/polish etc?

still awesome results though mate.

Stock cams, block was bled down, bored and honed 20 thou over.

Stock springs, completely stock head.

Forged pistons rods and rings.

That's it.

yer looks similar to mine, but maybe a 25 highflow.

Hub dyno....but still?

Darren,

What power did yours make and at what boost?

294rwkw at 15psi with that turbo does seem a bit strange.

Stock cams, block was bled down, bored and honed 20 thou over.

Stock springs, completely stock head.

Forged pistons rods and rings.

That's it.

conan7772:- What RB25 head are you using? R32 n/a 0r r33 with vvt?

Is that 294kw at the rear wheels or what, never seen that before with stock injectors.??

Darren,

What power did yours make and at what boost?

never had a proper tune done really. First time it went in the cas was farked, so it only made 208@1bar, then went back and had a fiddle it made 218 @ 1.1 bar.

The coil packs are gone now (were on the way out before) and the highflow wont get a proper exhaust (cos im going to wait fer the bigger turbo)....but yer it could do the same as yours did @ 240 easy if i wanted to fark with the setup.

seeing as there are some knowledgeable people here...

how would you guys run in a brand new engine? It's been suggested that I run it in on the dyno, can anyone shed some more light on the implications of it?

seeing as there are some knowledgeable people here...

how would you guys run in a brand new engine? It's been suggested that I run it in on the dyno, can anyone shed some more light on the implications of it?

here ya go ...

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...ST&f=8&t=110618

specifically the post i put in post #22

dyno runs are good, but think of the time on one, to get the 600Kms or so before you can start tuning it completely..

im guessing if your changing the motor, making sure that the AFR are good up to the level of RPM that you want to run it in with. then do the long drive run in process.

there are alot of different ideas on this... also remember to prime the oil pump before you start it...

been a few posts about this lately.

conan7772:- What RB25 head are you using? R32 n/a 0r r33 with vvt?

Is that 294kw at the rear wheels or what, never seen that before with stock injectors.??

Just confirmed the following , Dynapack and Dyno Dynamics are both accurate but will read different because of their design.

Dynapack is measured at the wheels and is preferred by some because it is quicker to tune on and more sensitive.

Also doesn't have traction issues.

Dynapacs definately read higher. not only during engine loading due to power loss from the tyres, but also during power runs due to this and the reduced inertia, i would expect to see about 35kw difference at this sort of power.

hoping this is the best spot to ask this question...................got myself an xr6t today and have just been working out what i need to bolt it up to my standard rb20det manifold on my rb30det so anyone who was done this on an rb25det or rb30det please help me out!

1.) So far i've worked out i need a new dump pipe (different flange!)

2.) New oil and water lines (not sure where to get these from or what exactly to ask for!)

3.) 90 degree bend welded on the inducer/cooler pipe so it faces the front of the car for the standard cooler piping. (figure this would be better than using a 90 degree bit of silicone hose)

4.) do i need to rotate the front housing on the exhaust housing??????

Anything else that i've missed or needed please let me know.

I also have the standard na valve springs (R32 rb25de head) and only a GTR fuel pump. These are the only 2 things on my engine that i think could be a possible weakness. Do you guys think these things should be fine or should i upgrade these first. The car has been on the dyno not too long ago and the valve spring were showing no sign of floating and the fuel pump was said to be up to the task with the vg30 turbo.

Any thoughts on these things are greatly appreciated!

cheers in advance, Ash!