SAU Community

R33 Rb30 Conversion

JNR24

question for Sky30 . or anyone who knows

what rear housing are you using on the GT3540 ??

and have you got a newer dyno sheet than the one you posted in the RB30 results thread?

how much is it for a 4wd sump adaptor?? how much do the prices vary? i know RIPS in NZ make em and one guy on here (forgot his nickname) and sydneykid said his fabricator makes them.

i want one that fits first time with no mods at all.

also could i use my rb26 power fc djetro on a rb26 head/rb30 bottom end? how do i go with the difference in knock sensors on the rb30 bottom end? do the rb30s use 1 or 2 knock sensors?

cheers

Brad

Edited by CruiseLiner

how much is it for a 4wd sump adaptor?? how much do the prices vary? i know RIPS in NZ make em and one guy on here (forgot his nickname) and sydneykid said his fabricator makes them.

i want one that fits first time with no mods at all.

also could i use my rb26 power fc djetro on a rb26 head/rb30 bottom end? how do i go with the difference in knock sensors on the rb30 bottom end? do the rb30s use 1 or 2 knock sensors?

cheers

Brad

RB30 uses ONE knock sensor in the middle. BUT they have the provisions for the 2 knock sensor in the standard position from the rb25/26 so they bolt straight in.

question for Sky30 . or anyone who knows

what rear housing are you using on the GT3540 ??

and have you got a newer dyno sheet than the one you posted in the RB30 results thread?

Im using some kind of .82 truck housing with internal gate machined to suit GT35/40.

No further results to that dyno, that was running stock plenum and stock exhaust manifold.

Thats is a good result!!!

Wondering if anyone has solved the bonnet clearance issue??? I have now been driving around with my bonnet open LOL and i dont want the cops to pull me over...

is it hitting the support bracing of the bonnet or the actual bonnet skin?

I have cut the support braces off, its touching on the bonnet itself where the corner of the inlet manifold is... i really dont like driving around with my bonnet half open LOL

Fatz silvia special?

:cool:

I have cut the support braces off, its touching on the bonnet itself where the corner of the inlet manifold is... i really dont like driving around with my bonnet half open LOL

Take it to a crash shop and ask if they can nicely put a controlled dent in it or something.. Looks like you may have to go some sort of bonnet scoop, shell out for an aftermarket plenum or thought about grinding the plenum yet?

Have you tried to space the rear of the bonnet up using a spacer between the bonnet and hinge?

Or space the engine crossmember down a bit using some big washers?

Have you tried to space the rear of the bonnet up using a spacer between the bonnet and hinge?

Or space the engine crossmember down a bit using some big washers?

Yer i tried spacing up the rear of the bonnet and didnt work, im not going to play with the cross member for obvious reasons, looks like its going to have to be a bonnet scoop...

xr6 bonnet bulge? :happy:
Yes a BA Gt bonnet scoop like this might be the plan like the one below, cubes what does that jun style one look like?

hence my fatz sylvia special suggestion above :(