SAU Community

I'm Comin' Home!

GTRgeoff

welcome back, geoff. you trully are an asset to have and it will be great for SAU-qld to have you around

but having made the melb to brisbane move, i don't see it as exciting as you do. yes brisbane has some awesome weather (except summer) but it will never have the lifestyle that melbourne offers if you are used to inner-city melbourne...

are you still with the army? will you be doing army stuff up here?

May huh? I better make sure I do a good job on the track barge then and keep the RE55s buffed. I'll be back early April from OS but won't leave a huge amount of time to iron out the bugs.

Ben I never expect to be the centre of attention, but if I can help club members then that's always a positive.

The weather for me is all about the outdoor lifestyle. SCUBA diving, cycling, track and anything else outdoors, plus my back injury is easier to live with in the warm weather and the more active I can be. I still associate the inner city stuff with my old job in capability acquisition. Too much getting my ass kissed by weapons salesmen and other slick dudes wanting our dollar. All just too hard to reliably enjoy outdoors here in the Melbourne weather. I dived a few weeks ago in 37 degree heat but the water was still 18 deg so needed a 7mm wettie. Just about melted in the semi-dry. From now on I don't dive if I need more than my 2mm titanium.

I'm being medically retired from the Army as of the 1st of March just short of 21 years but still with pension. 3 years disabled has just made it too hard to come back to the fitness needed and I can't sit long enough to do the engineering/management and project management I did. I'll try to pick up a bit from time to time but the level of intensity is just beyond me now and would cripple me. Plus there was heaps of extra continuation study for Masters degrees and maintaining CPEng status.

Karen, when are the annual renewals? I'm currently covered for CAMS license until Sept but need to be on the team for official activities as well.

So are most of the Tuesday dinners South or all over? I don't mind getting out for a drive, just so long as I'm not completely overrun by fullysikUlehs wantin' to drag and attracting my lesser brothers in blue uniforms. Playing golf with a couple down here tomorrow in fact. Nice guys if they are not Traffic types (Jury F*ckers the other cops call them here).

www.triple-x.com.au

Check the special on the steamer. I spent an hour sitting around in mine today to help break it in. Never want to put it on first time at the dive. Ultra light and thin so it's coming to Koh Tao with some of my other gear.

ha ha at cops lol

good to see you moving up again.

i was born in sydney, but grew up here, i know qld is alot better place then nsw to live, especially sydney.

who can argue with +20 degree days most of the year round, clean beaches at our finger tips. and the laid back life style.

with cities and other areas not far to go to.

enjoy it ! :happy:

Daz.

Sorry for the slow reply Troy.

I'll be up around the 5/6th of March, then flying back to Melbourne (Booooo) on the 10th. I tried some reverse karma. Pre-booking tickets out of Melbourne meant I just had to be coming back to leave for the holiday and it paid off.

I went to the bay to dive this morning as the weather was supposed to be sunny. Cloudy, just the first bit of sun now but 80cm waves banging in stirring it up so no shore dive today. :laugh:

I got the 26 head yesterday and waiting on pistons and forged rods (hopefully tomorrow) so the machine shop can go to work on the tractor engine. Mismo 1 way diff, ok shocks and a decent engine, it will be a completely different car to drive but I haven't started it since I stuffed it Feb last year.

Making a rocket run this weekend to drop 2 cars up, Monday rest day then an auction in Fairfield Tuesday to see if we can grab a Reno before flying back Tues evening.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest update.

Installed turbos from Slide on the GTR = 316rwkw @ 0.95bar with more to come. Will push for 360 later.

still to get the 25t engine (the 26/30) and put it back together, nothing like pressure.

Leaving next Friday....woohoo.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Finally back from lounging and diving in Thailand. Time to start attending events and get the membership in too.

:huh:

post-6392-1175640439.jpg

post-6392-1175640530.jpg

May 17 track day, be there or be square! :O

P.S lovely pics mate, looks like a top location!