SAU Community

400rwkws From Gt3540 .82

kastin

As the topic states is there anyone punching out more then 400rwkws with the .82 or should i upgrade to the 1.06

itl be running in a 26/30 combo

I'm having doubts as it might be to much of a stretch with the .82

any comments?

Cheers

Edited by kastin

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got a hks to4z on a 26 making 360kw on only 15psi and revving to 6000rpm (fuel issues above that), booked in for new tune now as i found the fuel problem. 10 000rpm limit should see around 380-390kw on same boost :laugh: then ill wind it up to 22psi or so and it should be interesting. thats only the 0.81 housing too

Edited by CruiseLiner

You'll need a flag load more than 24psi to get 400rwkw from the GT35 mate.

Have a look at what people have posted, and also in the RB26 dyno results thread.

Most t04z equipped cars are making the 400rwkw on around 24-26psi with the other associated gear.

yerp mite have to go the 1.06 exhaust, i think sydneykid had one making :

Calcs..........

632 bhp = 472 kw less ~60 kw (2wd) = 412 rwkw

The average power from 4,000 rpm to 7,000 rpm is massive and it's not straining at all. A/F ratios are not over 12 to 1 anywhere and the knock is less than 20. Cams and a bit more airflow (no more boost required) it would make 500 rwkw easily]

Ah the old RB30, used it in the car once and then someone paid me enough for it so I could build a bigger and better RB31DET. The GT35R had a 1.06 A/R turbine, with the T4 flange. The compressor A/R was 0.70. Boost was ~1.7 bar (25 psi), the dyno graphs went with the engine as part of the sale

see what r33_racer comes up with...bugga hey

so my next question is where do i buy exhaust wheels from?

Edited by kastin

gallery_14713_1421_2875.jpg

Interested in this thread for sure!

SirRacer - *EDIT* Boost question answered... 20??? Good Chri$t Thats surely Cr*p. I plan to run that to make 350 on a 26

- M

Edited by GeeTR

that dyno is known to read maybe a few kws more than others here but definitley not in the vicinity of 80 which i would have thought the limit would have been.

i still didnt believe it however a mate of mine went for a ride in the thing and said it was scary (hes been in lots of 400kw cars before). it did run a 10.8 (maybe 10.6) so that confirmed it for me.

it has stock internals with a headgasket, greddy intake and cams 260's (no porting)

The dyno sheet has no reference to boost... how do you know this then?

Its 20psi its not 450rwkw on PULP.

I wont believe that until i have a boost gauge in my own hand as it runs the numbers, just going by the compressor map will tell you its a tall story.

The MPH would be HUGE if it is indeed 450rwkw.

To many unknowns about that setup to pass it as valid

The dyno sheet has no reference to boost... how do you know this then?

Its 20psi its not 450rwkw on PULP.

I wont believe that until i have a boost gauge in my own hand as it runs the numbers, just going by the compressor map will tell you its a tall story.

The MPH would be HUGE if it is indeed 450rwkw.

To many unknowns about that setup to pass it as valid

ok then, ill just post up bullshit for the hell of it.

the same guy (Lithium) on here went for a ride in it and i know the owner of the car. its on pump gas at 20psi running a power fc with map sensor (rb26 one). i didnt believe it but there is the dyno sheet, someone has seen the car run on the dyno and at the drags and its going to be featured in nz performance car magazine sometime soon. proof?

read your compressor maps all you want but at the end of the day all your going to be is an internet mechanic who can argue all day long about something you know little about. ill find out the mph so you can do some calculations or something :laugh:

Good you do that

Cause telling people they can make 450rwkw off a GT35/20psi on PULP with just 260 cams/no porting is a joke and would grossly mid-lead people

We'd better see a MPH well into the 135 range (140 possibly i think).

You'd also better send a letter to Garrett, they'd be interested to know about it aswell im sure.

well on 1.7 bar with our gt3040 .82 we made 375rwkws and 365rwkws on 1.5. After 1.5 it was starting to blow hot air and power wasnt increasing much as you can see.

So i figured with this new motor, with the only differences to the old one is that its now got a dry sump system, gt3540 .82, and 4" exhaust. We should be able to crack if not get extremely close to 400rwkws.

Am i being a little too optimistic?

Heres a link to the site showing the Japanese Performance r33 SirRacer is talking about, it has the list of mods and times ,it states it runs a gt3540 and makes 450rwkw on 19psi but it dosent say what a/r, all it says is (secret a/r), it ran a 10.65 @ 128mph,(mph seems a bit low for the rwkw) when i saw it the day it ran that time it didnt look to even to be stripped, it was just a boring plan looking r33 with slicks.

http://www.japaneseperformanceparts.com/ni...det-p-4409.html