SAU Community

Boost Gauge No Longer Reading Boost.

Jenius

Hi there,

I just realised recently that my factory in-dash boost gauge is no longer reading any boost.

even my aftermarket Apexi EL1 electronic boost gauge isn't seeing anything either.

The car runs fine though. its just that the needles aren't even moving and is stuck at 0.0bar.

Has this happened to anyone before? and is this easy to fix? Its for an R32 GTS-t.

Thanks. :sleep:

Thanks Craved. :sleep: yeah you were right. on the vacuum hoses going to the vacuum/boost sensor box thingy in the firewall came loose. I didn't even realise the car had idled differently.

• 12 years later...

Hello all, just wondering if anyone could help me I’ve recently bought a r33 gtst that’s had a hard life electrically I’m just wondering if anyone could send me a photo of the factory boost gauge receiver on the fire wall, 

the car is running well it’s just the boost gauge sits dead and it doesn’t seem to be the vacuum line I can’t tell if there’s anything missing ? 

Little black box (about 40-50mm across) bolted to the firewall near the brake booster. Should have boost hose and electrical connection coming into its underside. That's all there, all that could be "missing". Trace the boost hose, trace the wiring. Use a wiring diagram to understand how it gets from the firewall to the dash (it's not far, but it does go into the main loom first, obviously).

You can use a bicycle pump and check the line if you need to.  You may need someone else in the drivers seat to see if the gauges work.

I did this when setting up the Snow Performance kit - they suggest it -  and I wanted to hear the WMI motor cutting in and out along with the anti drain solenoid clicking without the motor noise.