SAU Community

Clutch or Brakes?

Hi All,

A friend has recently turbocharged his car [97 model Astra]. What would you guys recommend upgrading next, the clutch or the brakes? [assume both are stock currently]

Dont say both because one will be done before the other, just not enough funds to do at the same time.

Thanks!

Brakes are always a must.

Previously having a VS Commodore 5ltr Manual that doesn't have the best of brakes I soon learnt after 2 corners that they don't stop and you get brake fade.

AT LEAST slap a set of Bendix Ultimates or even better a set of Kevlar brake pads... Can't remember the brand off the top of my head.

no good going if you cant stop either!!

Brakes first...if you cant cop that with funds then you should wait and do both together....

Been there with power and no brakes and it is not good...it will catch you out when you least expect it.

Cheers,

Russ

Thanks guys,

Joel, he does understand the importance of brakes but wants to be able to experience the turbo power also - and is fairly certain the clutch wont hold up to that task...

He will experience it all in good time..

I do know the feeling... Just get him to slap on a good set of pads and that will do. At least slap a set of metals if he is unable to afford a new clutch and $200 worth of pads (Ultimates)