SAU Community

How Much Power U Guys Rekon?

just wanna know what power output il br running with these mods. what do u guys think?

-pfc

-fmic

-turbo back 3 in exhaust

-pod

-ebc

-slide hiflow (non stage 3)

-tomei fuel pump

-nismo fuel reg

-555cc deatschwerks injectors

-boost set to 14 psi max

-stock afm

-heavy duty clutch

a realistic figure on say 85% duty cycle on injectors.

opinions to mods welcome

(car has only 90,000k's on it)

tuner dosent push them to the limit. protek doing it

Edited by R33GOD

I'd be expecting 230-40 myself. More would be a bonus. Oh, and stock afm? How could you expect more?

i dont really want to change the afm cause i heard its not practical and messes with the idle. plus i cant be bothered spending another 300 on one then i have to pay 400 to get a retune from scratch lol

Oh and get an adjustable FPR that way you dont have to run sooo much duty cycle on the injectors? :D

Hey,

There's no need to worry about the duty cycle of the injectors, as long as you realise you run out of extra flow at 100%.

They do the same amount of opening and closing at 99% duty cycle as at 1% (but the timing is different).

Typically an adjustable FPR is an alternative to replacing 6 injectors where you need 'a bit more' flow (say 15%)

but you don't want to go to the expense of a new set of injectors. Winding up the pressure is the same as installing

slightly-larger injectors, but cheaper (provided your lines can take it ;))

A car tuned for max 85% injector duty with an FPR will go bang just as hard as one tuned for 100% without if an

injector stops working and suddenly 1/6 the fuel flow is cut off. The other injectors, while they have room to flow another

15% each, _won't_ - the ECU won't tell them to...

Regards,

Saliya

Hey,

There's no need to worry about the duty cycle of the injectors, as long as you realise you run out of extra flow at 100%.

They do the same amount of opening and closing at 99% duty cycle as at 1% (but the timing is different).

Typically an adjustable FPR is an alternative to replacing 6 injectors where you need 'a bit more' flow (say 15%)

but you don't want to go to the expense of a new set of injectors. Winding up the pressure is the same as installing

slightly-larger injectors, but cheaper (provided your lines can take it :D)

A car tuned for max 85% injector duty with an FPR will go bang just as hard as one tuned for 100% without if an

injector stops working and suddenly 1/6 the fuel flow is cut off. The other injectors, while they have room to flow another

15% each, _won't_ - the ECU won't tell them to...

Regards,

Saliya

but having the injector upgrade is gonna make it more safe right?

youve confused the crap outta me too by the way lol

Q45 AFM WILL MESS WITH IDLE BUT Z32 DOESNT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE JUST SELECT Z32 ON YOUR PFC COMMANDER

ITS NOT JUST FLOW THAT MAKES THE Z32 BETTER ITS THE METERS HIGHER FLOW RATEING METRE THAT GIVES YOUR PFC A BETTER SIGNAL.

Edited by r33-d-rift

with the larger injectors there should be no need for a FPR.

the Z32 is identical in size to the standard AFM so it flows no more but the resolution is better with higher airflows, the voltage will be maxed out at or around 220rwkw on the standard unit.

as stated, select Z32 on the menu and tune away.

but having the injector upgrade is gonna make it more safe right?

youve confused the crap outta me too by the way lol

Hey,

Sorry I wasn't clear.

What does different duty cycle mean? The amount of time the injector is open per unit of time. Have a look at

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-injection.htm

and the following pages, they call it 'pulse width'.

Does different duty cycle make a difference to an injector? Pretty much not. They're only opening and closing - that's

what they're designed to do. In theory having the magnet on for more time might make it wear out faster - but we can

pretty safely say that doesn't really matter for the purposes of this discussion.

Does different duty cycle make a difference to the burn process? Of course. See the above link.

Are bigger injectors or an adjustable FPR safer? No. They only help if you're running out of fuel - that is, your

current injectors are at 100%.

One set of injectors (working properly) that operates at 100% duty cycle is exactly as safe as a different set operating

at 85%, as long as they are supplying enough fuel for the air. The difference is,

that if you need more fuel with the first set you can't get it - you have to change something (e.g. fuel pressure).

Where you _can_ get a bit of safety margin is by tuning the car up to an airflow level that's say 5-10% higher than

the maximum you expect, then backing the air off a bit (e.g. by turning the boost down slightly). That means that

if you somehow get more air in there (e.g. it's a cold night) the PFC's already been mapped for that higher airflow and

will supply enough fuel to suit.

But that's not a function of injector size or an FPR - that's you anticipating certain conditions and mapping for them.

If your stock injectors can supply enough fuel for this higher airflow, bigger injectors buy you exactly 0 'safety'.

If your car's not tuned for this higher airflow even with bigger injectors, again, no extra safety.

People seem to think that leaving 'headroom' in injectors (e.g. tune up to 85% duty cycle) somehow makes things

safer - it doesn't. Yes, there's room for more fuel flow - but unless the car is mapped for it, it won't be used.

And if an injector goes south the others won't make up the difference...

Regards,

Saliya

Hey,

Sorry I wasn't clear.

What does different duty cycle mean? The amount of time the injector is open per unit of time. Have a look at

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/fuel-injection.htm

and the following pages, they call it 'pulse width'.

Does different duty cycle make a difference to an injector? Pretty much not. They're only opening and closing - that's

what they're designed to do. In theory having the magnet on for more time might make it wear out faster - but we can

pretty safely say that doesn't really matter for the purposes of this discussion.

Does different duty cycle make a difference to the burn process? Of course. See the above link.

Are bigger injectors or an adjustable FPR safer? No. They only help if you're running out of fuel - that is, your

current injectors are at 100%.

One set of injectors (working properly) that operates at 100% duty cycle is exactly as safe as a different set operating

at 85%, as long as they are supplying enough fuel for the air. The difference is,

that if you need more fuel with the first set you can't get it - you have to change something (e.g. fuel pressure).

Where you _can_ get a bit of safety margin is by tuning the car up to an airflow level that's say 5-10% higher than

the maximum you expect, then backing the air off a bit (e.g. by turning the boost down slightly). That means that

if you somehow get more air in there (e.g. it's a cold night) the PFC's already been mapped for that higher airflow and

will supply enough fuel to suit.

But that's not a function of injector size or an FPR - that's you anticipating certain conditions and mapping for them.

If your stock injectors can supply enough fuel for this higher airflow, bigger injectors buy you exactly 0 'safety'.

If your car's not tuned for this higher airflow even with bigger injectors, again, no extra safety.

People seem to think that leaving 'headroom' in injectors (e.g. tune up to 85% duty cycle) somehow makes things

safer - it doesn't. Yes, there's room for more fuel flow - but unless the car is mapped for it, it won't be used.

And if an injector goes south the others won't make up the difference...

Regards,

Saliya

thanks saliya u have convinced me to get the z32 afm..damnit!! lol

Im just saying on a side note that the deatchwerks injectors say to try and stay below the 85% threshold im sure, check the flow sheets anyway, as i was aware that it starts going a bit funny. On another side note keep us posted on your cruise load tuning if you have any issues with you set of injectors. Cheers Adam

i dont understand people with such hi boost only making 240-250 rwk on like 18 psi. im thinking id make like 230 atw on 14 psi with my setup. that being the case would i really need a z32 afm?

get a z32 afm and run 18psi. the high flow still isnt a very big turbo so u will still need to run some decent amount of boost to get that power figure up there...

get a z32 afm and run 18psi. the high flow still isnt a very big turbo so u will still need to run some decent amount of boost to get that power figure up there...

i dont wanna run too high of boost cause i drive like a mad man lol. 1 bar is all i want to go to be safe as im running the stock head gasket