SAU Community

Smashed Bugatti Veyron

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alot of ppls compares the veyron to CCR and so on, the big mac is the only thing that remotesly comes close to it and we're talking day light in difference here. As for comapring this car to a back yard bang together is absurd, with all due respect to Leewah GTR is not even a shadow of this car.

The biggest damage in those fotos are the owners ego or the humiliation he's gonna cop next he meet up with his friends, for being the first "privateer" to bung one.

3. how would you feel in a veyron when LEEWAH or GTR-800 pull up at the lights and actually manage to keep up? not very happy(unless you are in the GT-R! LOL)

Uumm, can't remember the last time these cars reached 400km/h, and also can't remember GTR-800 having 1000hp... :)

The saddest thing is when you pickup all the parts that broke off it onto the road, They are still worth more than my car :) lol.

Edited by Imtorqing

Comparing a Veyron to a GTR, now I've heard it all!

As for the guy's ego being bruised? I'll just say people who can afford Veyron's probably don't care to much about what others think. I'm sure he will get his $5m payout and sleep easy!

yes, comparing the veyron to a GT-R was overboard. but i just can't stand the adulation this car is getting when it isn't even available with a proper manual transmission. how can it be compared with a mclaren, enzo, zonda or ccx? is top speed and acceleration all that defines a supercar? what about the aesthetics? the passion?

i'm sorry, but the veyron is just a result of bugatti trying too damn hard to build a car. they should have learned from the EB110.

in 10 years time, the veyron will be forgotten because another supercar will invariably surpass its top speed. but the mclaren? that will always be remembered for being the definition of a supercar. an enzo? its already a classic. and a zonda? a recent comparison in motor magazine left me pleasantly surprised when the tester stated he was drawn to the zonda more so than the veyron.

good on them for having the balls to build a 1000hp street legal car.

and if your going to do it, you dont use 1 V8, use 2 of them and instead of twin turbo, you add 2 more.

kudos to Bugatti to making something thats faster than an F1 car street legal.

Bugatti. FTW.

"To safely and reliably accelerate to 400km/h, the Veyron makes use of custom-designed Michelin tyres, which utilise what has termed the Pax system. The tyres are capable of dealing with the stress of 400km/h speeds, and they also have a special pressure monitoring system and run-flat capability, so that even in the event of a high-speed puncture, things won't go all pear shaped."

http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_...ts/bugatti1.htm

And im almost positive they will give up after 50 minutes at 400km/h not 15 minutes...

i think the fuel doesnt last that long either. and going off what i saw on top gear you need somewhere very very very straight and smooth.

yes, comparing the veyron to a GT-R was overboard. but i just can't stand the adulation this car is getting when it isn't even available with a proper manual transmission. how can it be compared with a mclaren, enzo, zonda or ccx? is top speed and acceleration all that defines a supercar? what about the aesthetics? the passion?

i'm sorry, but the veyron is just a result of bugatti trying too damn hard to build a car. they should have learned from the EB110.

in 10 years time, the veyron will be forgotten because another supercar will invariably surpass its top speed. but the mclaren? that will always be remembered for being the definition of a supercar. an enzo? its already a classic. and a zonda? a recent comparison in motor magazine left me pleasantly surprised when the tester stated he was drawn to the zonda more so than the veyron.

This is all your opinion on the aesthetics and the passion.. A lot of people would actually find the Bugatti a much more passionate vehicle due to the beautiful leather interior and finishing inside the vehicle. It's certainly better than any other supercar which sometimes even consist of sparse and lightweight but ugly interiors.

NO acceleration and top speed dont make a supercar, but the Veyron is a lot more than just that. The Bugatti wont snap on you and send you flying into the forest at 200+km/h if you dont behave properly like some other supercars. How many cars can do 350km/h+ and NOT sound like they are about to break up... The Veyron doing over 400km/h is a civilised and comfortable car to drive. That demands a huge amount of respect IMO. Stability at speed is something that not many manufacturers have mastered!!

You might not like how it looks, and you might not understand the passion. I'm sure there are just as many people out there who disagree with you completely! :unsure:

who cares about this piece of crap, probly one of the worst looking care to ever grace the streets. thankgod theres gona be one less on the street.

The worst looking car on the street eh? :laugh::)

it says in the article "Hopefully the driver got out unscathed"

stuff that i hope he got hurt (not badly) but he better have bruised something

more proof ... just cause you got enough dollars to buy a supercar doesnt mean you got enough sense to own one

i think the Veyron will be the best car ever made...because the way we are going with the oil situation... it will be the last over the top supercar ever made

RellikZephyr

i think the fuel doesnt last that long either. and going off what i saw on top gear you need somewhere very very very straight and smooth.

it will last 12 mins.... but in those 12 mins you could drive about 80kms.

i don't like the red guards and bonnet. much prefer it all black.

any car where you have to put a key into a slot to put it into "go stupidly fast!!" mode is a winner in my book.

The worst looking car on the street eh? :laugh::)

BTW, is that a 400r bar on your r33? i'd love to see what that bumper looks like in the flesh, i like the look of the extra vents on the side.