SAU Community

Nissan And Honda Cruise

NicsR33

rather than criticise the organiser, why don't you help him to get it right.

fair call, while i agree with some peoples views that there could possibly be problems, not much will be achieved by criticising people, if they can pull of a good cruise then good on them, it will require a hell of a lot of work and 'control' somehow tho.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't criticising anyone... I was being sarcastic... and expecting no police attention with 100+ cars is naive.

OK here is some pointers regarding destination:

Terrigal = defect city Especially if parking at the haven...one way in, one way out

Terrigal can't fit tourists,locals, football game and then 100+ cars on a cruise - would work during the week not on weekends - the haven is packed most of the day on Sundays due to football games & tourists.

100+ cars getting from Kariong to Terrigal is a logistical nightmare - let alone the police attention gained on the way there

On the weekend expect to crawl into Terrigal taking anywhere up to 20 minutes to get from Terrigal pub to the Haven. Then add an extra 100 cars in one go................

May I suggest some alternative locations:

1.Bateau Bay - Huge carpark (EDSAC) - plenty of fast food chains etc on the opposite side of the road & bbq area

2.The Entrance - Not the main carpark but teh huge one on the other side of the bridge (Wilfred Barrett Drive) that takes you over the channel + there are numerous others within 5 minutes - all with bbq facilities etc

3.Mingara - Krispy Kremes etc as well as a massive club for which there is plenty of parking especially in the back corners

4.Norah Head Lighthouse - carpark is dirt though - or it was last time I was there

5.Kincumber - huge sporting ground and car park - although not sure what sports are on??

6.Adcock Park - West Gosford plenty of parking even if sports are on.

btw... must be ok for everyone to take the p!ss out of it in the first two pages but as soon as a logical (yes sarcastic) question is raised I get told not criticise ....wtf? I only stated that way so the organiser would take a second to look at it from different perspective.... this apparantly started out as a few friends cruising then word spread etc.

A cruise for supposedly 100+ cars needs to extremely well organised and well thought out..... including parking, destinations etc.. If not it is a HUGE recipe for disaster.. especially if your destination is Terrigal.

GL to those going and I hope it all works out...

its not like it hasn't been done before. spears point cruise back in 2004, TD yearly the year after, some Hot4s cruise in 2005. they were hugh turnouts and all around that area. we are expecting cops, we all know they read these forums but seriously if you dont do anything wrong then its all good.

there was a cruise to the city only a few weeks back, got over 250+ cars in Homebush P6 all the way to george street. there were undercover cops there and from what i heard only those doing burnouts got done. didnt hear or any defects or anything else.

btw name changed to sound more appealing.

okay guys.. i do understand where msnismo is coming from, cops are gonna be everywhere we go, theres no stopping them from doing their job! those that don't obey by the rules n regulations of the law! then they shall be punished.. simple fact.

About the destination, several big cruises have been to terrigal (the haven), 1 to mention was the Hot4s cruise organised by BKDFKP, which in my opinion was a success.. alot more then 100+ cars aswell..

There has been alot of interests about cruising to The Entrance aswell, i have taken it into consideration, and if all is interested, then there is absolute no harm in cruising down there afterwards! but atm the destitation will stand as Terrigal beach (the haven).

cheers, Kare..

its not like it hasn't been done before. spears point cruise back in 2004, TD yearly the year after, some Hot4s cruise in 2005. they were hugh turnouts and all around that area. we are expecting cops, we all know they read these forums but seriously if you dont do anything wrong then its all good.

there was a cruise to the city only a few weeks back, got over 250+ cars in Homebush P6 all the way to george street. there were undercover cops there and from what i heard only those doing burnouts got done. didnt hear or any defects or anything else.

btw name changed to sound more appealing.

Not saying it can't be done... but the area has changed a sh!t load since 05 even since 06..... a lot of street parking has gone from Terrigal, the direction you can drive through Terrigal has changed 3 times in the last 6 months, one lane completely removed for outdoor seating along the esplanade, new football clubhouse at the haven and so on. Went out to have some lunch on Sunday and had issues finding a park! Most of the parking there is meant for boat trailers and the parking around the outside of the oval is extremely busy with the new clubhouse being finished and football season starting. It will definitely depend on what time you get there regarding how busy it is... and also the weather... if its an overcast/rainy day it prolly wont be a problem.

And on the defect side.... I know you shouldn't have any issues... but they have been extremely active the last few months and they were having defect pits set up once a week in Terrigal.

As I said before... GL with the cruise... was just saying what I thought from a locals point of view.

Unless everyone behaves at the haven, without any mishaps, we shall be ok.. just a few more days guys! don't miss out on this one people!.. rather then hear about the cruise from your friends, come join us instead and enjoy the fun aswell!!

only a few more sleeps! :laugh:

weather should be clearing up for tomorrow's cruise!!

which mean the cruise will still go ahead! unless it's raining in the morning, then the cruise will be postponed! but until further notice!

THE CRUISE IS STILL ON!!

Hope to see you guys tomorrow!!

cheers, Kare.

great turnout, great cruise, probably my most enjoyable cruise for a long time. weather rained for a sec but was all good after.

NO ACCOs so you all owe me $50 :rofl:

will post pics up tonight and a video footage hopefully.