SAU Community

Braided Clutch Hose ???

G'day all,

Just finished reading Martin Donnon's artical on braided brake lines, and he mentioned that he changed his clutch hose (small piece of rubber hose just before the slave) as well and noticed an improvement.

This got me thinking.

The clutch in mine is so damn heavy that my leg shakes if I hold it in for about 20 seconds !! And it bites pretty fast. I have no idea what type of clutch it is - it's just damn heavy and doesn't slip.

But I have noticed a few times in the past that if I hold the clutch in for a while (5+ seconds) that the take up point (friction point) seems to be different as to when I change gears normally (less than 1 second).

This is pretty frustrating when the clutch bites really fast cause you jump and hop all over the place :D

So I think this little bit of hose before the slave is expanding when i hold the clutch in.

Martin left a contact of 'Maltech' and a mobile phone number. Does anyone know these people?

I'd like to get one, but have no idea on price or even if someone has 'off the self' ones they sell...

Any ideas???

Cheers

Jayson

hmm...i've got a hks twin in mine and it has this problem too...

the take up is pretty high up, but sumtimes it grips pretty low, like usually when i come to a stop to park the car. 1st and rev will be much lower than usual, the take up that is...

can anyone explain why this is??

rb26dett - yepp, mine does that too... Frustrating hay...

What are the HKS twins like for peddal weight? Are they heavy or light??

I might try ringing the number that Martin quoted. See if I can make a fool out of myself if the bloke has no idea what I'm talking about :D

J

it's very light...which was surprising...seeing i was used to a heavy clutch i couldn't get used to the lightness...kinda lost the spring back a heavy clutch has

no freeplay...it's solid centred...so u might wanna consider something else...n yes it's extremely frustrating

i have a nismo triple plate and have this problem too, it's very frustrating at the lights when they dont change right when you expect them to :(

hopefully this will be the solution, let us know how you get on.

Yes, I've contacted them about braided brake lines. Just need a set of 'standard' lines so they have a template to work off (there's a thread on here somewhere asking for a set). They're going to cost about $400 for the pair.

Maltech are down in Geelong.

The braided line stops balooning of the rubber. In other words the rubber tends to give a little at it's weak spots thus expanding at these spots.

I think it's a good idea but wouldn't know what impact it would have on the feel or weight of the clutch...

Originally posted by puckish

I think it's a good idea but wouldn't know what impact it would have on the feel or weight of the clutch...

Yeah I understand that it won't change the pedal weight, but I'd like to try and get the take up point more consistant.

BTW: I rang that number for Maltech, but a some lady answered the phone and had no idea what I was talking about !!!

J