SAU Community

GOOD Panel shops in BRISBANE

AtomicBomberMan

im having thoughts about getting my car resprayed, and am looking for some good panel shops in brisbane. I know MBQ (mercedes benz queensland) is VERY good but they are very expensive. I know THE BUMP SHOP is also supposed to be good. any experiences anybody? I know its not going to be a cheap job but i really dont want to spend the earth. does anyone know of any businesses offering very good quality work at reasonable prices? dont want backyard jobs though. anyone done this and can give me a ballpark figure of what it is going to cost for a full respray? ie full body but not engine bay.

here are the details

R32 GTR WHITE

Has these extras over a normal gtr

NISMO FRONT BONNET LIP

NISMO 3 PIECE SIDE SKIRTS

NISMO REAR LIP SPOILER

NISMO REAR PODS

Any info and/or personal experiences would be greatly appreciated!

Had my car painted at GT motors at mayne VERY happy with the results its only a small place and they take great pride in their work. Not the cheapest or fastest around but you get what you pay for and not one person has been able to fault the bodywork on my car (black r32 gt-r). ph 32524928 ask for Frank or Jack. Are you doing a colour change??

blur, no colour change. just a white respray. if you dont mind, could you pm me the rough amount that you paid? did you have the whole car done? and how much trouble did they go through, ie did they take the removable panels off to spray or spray them on the car? i went to MBQ and they said that tail light surrounds needed to be sprayed as well. blur, would like to have a look at your car one day. i wouldnt mind meeting some more gtr owners as this is all new to me.

I couldn't say enough good stuff about BCM. I haven't got my respray done yet, but all of their work so far has been excellent. Ask for Scott, I have known him for a number of years now (professionally, not personally), and he will be more than happy to talk to you.

B.C.M. BODY REPAIRS

961 Ipswich Rd Moorooka 4105

(07) 3848 3497

Guest 382 GZV - 4 Door R33

This girl my mate knows went overseas to represent Australia in the International Titles for Car spraying (didn't know there was such a thing) and she got third (1st in Australia)....Well she doesn't do private coz it's cost way too much but she highly recommends the Paint Shop (forgot the name) on Sylvan Road, Toowong, up near Coronation Drive.

I went to him and was told it'll cost approx. $250 a panel, $300 for the bonnet. I'm guessin' about $3600 for the whole car but am yet to confirm that with him.

DON'T go to any panel shops in WEST END near the City (there is only one I think but I don't wanna get in trouble for defamation). We've had 3 jobs done there and they fully ****ed up each time (you'd think we'd learn but we didn't :P ).

guys thanks for all this info! it would be good if you could give me your names so i could say to them "JOHN DOE SENT ME AND HE SAID YOU WOULD LOOK AFTER ME!" I will do the quotation rounds next week. if anyone would like the price of these quotations please dont hesitate to ask! please keep the shop names coming! people!

Guest 382 GZV - 4 Door R33

Be wairy the guys at Apex's can be wankers sometime....they work best with insurance companies looking after standard production cars.

:-|

Apex Auto trans (next door, same business) is the place which told me I would have another year of warranty on my 'box if I serviced it with them (for $250). That arvo, it wasn't fixed when they returned it but I waited a week to get back to them. Then they said I wasn't covered by warranty and it was going to cost me another $1200. - dodgy sometimes. - at least the auto trans section

go and see gt motors say Adrian with the black GT-R sent you... The car was painted as a bare shell (all bolt on panels painted off the car) no overspray anywhere. Just a good quality job.

You should definitely go see the people at Toowong Auto Service in Sylvan Rd Toowong as mentioned earlier in this thread. I have only heard good things about them from a number of different sources. I'm getting some work done with them in the next couple of months.

moggy i went there today, but the were closed! :P i'll go back tomorrow.

blur, could you pm me the price you paid? rough ball park? you mean the car was stripped? interior and all? did they paint the engine bay? oh... where bouts is mayne? do you have an exact address? and any pics of your car? :D

went to gt motors today. very happy with the service. i had a look at some of their work, and looks really good. Adrian, you have a shitload of cars! i think they might actually get the nod. i will check a couple more. but im very happy so far. i would still like to have a look at your car though! were you by any chance on park road last night? (tuesday) i saw a black gtr there, really nice.