SAU Community

Learn All About Hoons

Bl0r

this is some kind of police report on hooning: clickies. got a few chuckles out of me. its written in a really sterile form like a documentary and talks about "hoons" as if it's some kind of animal.

a few of my favourite extracts!:

"Parking up: when hoons gather in large numbers, look at each others cars, network and

arrange illegal behaviours."

haha, yea thats what happens. nothing better to do but look at cars and then talk about how to break the law.... and for that matter wtf is parking up?!

"Speed Trial:

(a) any attempt to establish or break any vehicle speed record of any description on a

road; or

(b) any trial of any description of the speed of a vehicle on a road; or

© any competitive trial of any description designed to test the skill of any vehicle or

driver or the reliability or mechanical condition of any vehicle on any road."

hahaha. nice one ma'am. real street smarts right there... and there would have to be! what, with all the Need For Speed: Underground youve been playing to build up this most elegant description.

now don't get me wrong. im not poking fun at this as a form of defense. im not a hoon, ive never been to a meet, ive never parking up'd or speed trial'd - i'm just perplexed as to why some of these claims are made and probably taken seriously. i mean common! if your going to say bullshit to fit your agenda go be a journalist not a police officer. AND if your going to make claims, back them up. dont say hoons (and no one else) meet up at parking lots on thursdays, like everyone there is a criminal. thats just stupid! don't be stupid! this report has one sentance i could find that is remotely constructive: "It is important to note that not all people with modified vehicles are guilty of illegal hoon behaviours." wow! wait! *ding ding ding!* according to the part of my brain responsible for language, 10,000 (approx.) other words have been arranged in such an order to form sentances and phrases that actually suggest otherwise! gosh, who would have thought!!

oh and theres gems like this too:

However, local knowledge held by police officers enforcing the anti-hoon legislation indicates that whilst hoons are often

stereotyped as young drivers, there are a number of other groups who engage in this activity

such as wealthy Asian students, young women, and relatively wealthy middle-aged

businessmen.

what this translates to is: "we have some racist biggots that call themselves police officers and they say hoons are stereotyped (thats a bad thing) as young kids... BUT have been found to consist of other groups (so, they're no longer stereotyped? right?)....OF the folowing stereotypes.....: asians, pigeons, and rich whiteys."

the start of its definentally worth a read. kind of sad how wrong they have it. should have just finished their(her?) baking apprenticeships and left police work for people who have a clue. i admire her willingness to help the community with its "hooning" problem through the unique medium of comedy writing, but croissants are also a community service and most worthy of effort!

enjoy!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a top read...... and will give any person desiring to break the road rules a huge advantage in disguising their activities. I cannot believe the QPS published it for all to read.

Dumb coppers.....

To the learnered, this load of hot stuff is misinformed and basicly primitive in its view,

It is important to note that not all people with modified vehicles are guilty of illegal hoon behaviours.

I am going to email her with a professional educated polite response.

I think all those capable of stringing a few words together polity should email the author and let your opinion on this publication be known.

But please know distastful emails as they will get us no where.

Just my 2c

Umm they obviously dont know what drifting is then cause is way wrong...you dont enter the corner slowly....you enter it quickly with the hand brake on...duh..

wow.

read that from top to bottom.

I especially like where she breaks down the week of the daily hoon.

hmmm..thats a little stupid but anyway.

All it means is that we are going to get targeted more because we have a "high performance japanese model"

blargh..

Im 25 dammit.. and i dont hoon.. but im sure they will do a full check to see if i have..

tards

lmfao. If I could be fcked i'd pull that apart and say how wrong it is, but I don't have the time. I hope the police read all these comments..because you guys have NO idea what "hooning" is and your stats are a joke. Start pulling over bogans in commonwhores and riced up civics trying to race. I laugh at their comment that their v8 cars are a deterant against ppl running from the police...anyone who knows anything knows the people that race in the locations they're mentioning have cars much faster than the v8 pos's they use. Meh good laugh is all that article is good for. They need to start recruiting ppl who can compile usefull and correct information, our tax money is hard at work and they can't even define the word "hoon" correctly. Hopeless.

I laugh at their comment that their v8 cars are a deterant against ppl running from the police...anyone who knows anything knows the people that race in the locations they're mentioning have cars much faster than the v8 pos's they use.

As I want to exposed on ACA and take Fidel’s worst hoon tag… And I know someone who knows a cop, or even cops will read this I’m going to openly admit AGAIN.

Your cop cars are slow, your highway patrol cars are slow, and your new Ford Typhoons are slow.

I continually have out ran you, do you job and catch me good and proper fingersx.gif

you'd think that they would have somthing better to do than to make up a sub-culture (hoon), stereotype this sub-culture as criminal. then generalise a whole heap of motorists as being hoons... and then put a whole heap of our godamn money into combatting this made up problem. all without ever considering theres no such thing as a hoon, the only connection young people have with cars is that its cool! and its always been that way! nothings changed since the 70's or that movie grease.

hooning only became a problem when there was that feature length report about it on today tonight. the word hoon was coined by them. now if our police force gets cues off a biased news program, then were in pretty bad shape....the fact is after this report the lesser inclined members of our comunity found a new thing to complain about other than skateboarding so their lines went hot whenever they heard a wheel sqeak - which spawned the hoon squad.

like it or not we're all what they define as hoons. this report just proves it and its totally wrong. somehow they have associated car enthusiests with criminals to broaden their spectrum. they use criminal tactics, and criminal budgets to target us, in a desperate attempt to complexify a situation and make a career for themselves. the officers leading these tactics would have to have had thier ambilical cord to reality severed a long time ago to involve themselves in such context and not see the absurdity of it all. they have to stop targeting the public and start targeting real criminals.

theyre so quick to respond to fining people and introducing more revenue raising legislation - they have that down to an artform.

but on the other hand when it comes to real problems, (which dont involve fining) that takes a second row seat. like, how is it most of us (not that were drug users) could probably attain any drug of choice with great ease? why isnt there a big "druggo" bandwagon that targets criminals, and not a "hoons" bandwagon that targets the public? why are our lives put at risk and why is our money wasted on all this equiptment and these high powered cars to combat a "problem" thats socially related and has been around since the 70s and wont go away, not as long as cars are on the road.

As I want to exposed on ACA and take Fidel’s worst hoon tag… And I know someone who knows a cop, or even cops will read this I’m going to openly admit AGAIN.

Your cop cars are slow, your highway patrol cars are slow, and your new Ford Typhoons are slow.

I continually have out ran you, do you job and catch me good and proper fingersx.gif

No need to brag about outrunning 5 0, its easy :pirate:

That reminds me of the white unicorn story josh

you'd think that they would have somthing better to do than to make up a sub-culture (hoon), stereotype this sub-culture as criminal. then generalise a whole heap of motorists as being hoons... and then put a whole heap of our godamn money into combatting this made up problem. all without ever considering theres no such thing as a hoon, the only connection young people have with cars is that its cool! and its always been that way! nothings changed since the 70's or that movie grease.

hooning only became a problem when there was that feature length report about it on today tonight. the word hoon was coined by them. now if our police force gets cues off a biased news program, then were in pretty bad shape....the fact is after this report the lesser inclined members of our comunity found a new thing to complain about other than skateboarding so their lines went hot whenever they heard a wheel sqeak - which spawned the hoon squad.

like it or not we're all what they define as hoons. this report just proves it and its totally wrong. somehow they have associated car enthusiests with criminals to broaden their spectrum. they use criminal tactics, and criminal budgets to target us, in a desperate attempt to complexify a situation and make a career for themselves. the officers leading these tactics would have to have had thier ambilical cord to reality severed a long time ago to involve themselves in such context and not see the absurdity of it all. they have to stop targeting the public and start targeting real criminals.

theyre so quick to respond to fining people and introducing more revenue raising legislation - they have that down to an artform.

but on the other hand when it comes to real problems, (which dont involve fining) that takes a second row seat. like, how is it most of us (not that were drug users) could probably attain any drug of choice with great ease? why isnt there a big "druggo" bandwagon that targets criminals, and not a "hoons" bandwagon that targets the public? why are our lives put at risk and why is our money wasted on all this equiptment and these high powered cars to combat a "problem" thats socially related and has been around since the 70s and wont go away, not as long as cars are on the road.

I agree. I am sick of feeling like society has branded me along side of theif's, murder's and rapists. "Anti-Hooning" is the most over-hyped fad to hit the police force since they decided they were going to go after those evil evil people and our partners-in-crime-apparent J-Walkers.

How many people died from drug related incidents last week? And how many crimes were linked to it? Now there saying that "hooning" (god im sick of that word) is spawning crime as well... isnt that a bit of a leap? My turbos have never grown legs and stolen anything...

If this keeps going the way its going in two generations each and every person will live in their own little bubble, society will be completly protected from itself. All expression of youthfulness will be moraly unacceptable for the risks it poses, and each and every activity will be branded by its extreems. Personally I compare motorsport and motor enthusiasm to things like skydiving, rock climbing, white water rafting and the like. Are they wrong to do what they do? Its dangerous and oh my gosh, they could hurt themselfs in the process.

I completly aggree with what your saying about the career building aspect, and furthermore, we must remember that the queensland police force derives its policies in this matter from the policies of their sister agency, queensland transport, one of the most money-grubing agencies to grace the face of this planet with its presence.

If my car was stolen, would the police do anything to help? I doubt it. Last time I asked for the police's help I was left to fend for myself with a couple of dangerous individuals and the repeated statement of the police that "they would be there soon" - of course they never rocked up, and I had to defuse the situation myself, and when I asked the police they *straight up* came out with the excuse of "look were too under-manned and were sorry"... What would have happened if things had gone differently? I tell you what would of happened, I would of wound up in hospital. Another time there was an attempted carjacking and again, the police *failed to respond* despite desperate plea's from my passenger for their intervention, despite clear and present public danger. Where were the officers in these situations? They were hunting down "hoons" at broadwater, defecting "unroadworthy" vehicles at milton maccas and writing garbage such as the PDF linked here.

If the police read this I have this to say to you: You are incompetent, you are lazy, your priorities are wrong and you are failing the community.

i parked in a no standing zone, without my knowledge. an asshole across the street calls the cops and reports my car. 5 minutes later im wearing a $70 fine. this guy calls up few times every week obssesivley to complain cause he hated my mate who's house i was parked at. they pretty much defined it as a no standing zone in that douchbags honour.

meanwhile, i get hit by a drunk driver as i was pulling into my driveway. (he tried to over take me....on the inside....yep, over gutter, grass and all... and then into a pole) took them 2-3 hours to get there and by that time drunky had gone home and said he had a 6 pack at home and thats why he was drunk. apparently they sent a squad car from a few suburbs too far away which never showed up. so we had to call several times to get one from our area to come eventually.

my brother was driving the skyline and a redneck in a landcruizer flew up his ass and nuged his right hand side quater panel in an attempt to push him off the road. took a bit of damage and was f**kin dangerous.....guess what the boys in blue had to say or do about that one?! NOTHING!?! "call your insurance agency...."