SAU Community

What Oil Pumps Fir A Rb30 Crank?

nizm0zed

Hey all, new here.

I am building a RB30 twin turbo engine for my R31, I am upgrading the oil pump, but im unsure what fits straight in and what doesn't

I am under the impression that the RB26 oil pump requires a collar to be added to the front of the RB30 crank?

any advice/thoughts appreciated.

Hey all, new here.

I am building a RB30 twin turbo engine for my R31, I am upgrading the oil pump, but im unsure what fits straight in and what doesn't

I am under the impression that the RB26 oil pump requires a collar to be added to the front of the RB30 crank?

any advice/thoughts appreciated.

RB30E and RB30ET oil pumps also fit.

:blush: cheers :D

RB30E and RB30ET oil pumps also fit.

:blush: cheers :D

ORLY?????

who would have thought.

I would have used the RB30E pump, but everyone is saying that it'd be silly to do that, as the engine would probably run out of oil, the pump would have to support 2 turbos as well, so its upgrade time.

MAG86, i didn't think it was too bad, I was going to go with Suck_my_fat_wang, but it thought that was just a little over the top :wave:

the best usernames are allways the ones that cause a littel controversy!

I could have allways gone with Jihad_in_my_pants, Im sure you wouldn't have any probs with me slaggin of on a religion that isnt yours? (big assumption there, sorry if im way off)

anyways, thanks for the info fellas, much appreciated.

I Have a R32 GTR Oil pump on one of my RB30's bolted straight up and was 1/2 the price of a stock RB30 one, direct from Nissan. Has around 3 times the volume of the stock unit.

so how did you go with that on the RB30 crank, did it need the collar fitted?

I haven't fitted a collar yet, and im sorta thinking i wont need to, as the engine isn't being built for revs.

to my understanding, thats the main thing that kills them?

• 4 weeks later...

Im running a 32 gtr pump on mine, havent had a problem, went straight on, way cheaper then the rb30et ones, and i wouldnt even bother with the standard rb30e pump, looks the same but flows different. I have been told that all rb series blocks share the same water and oil pumps, but someone might have to verify that..