SAU Community

S2 Diff Output Shafts

chook

Can anyone confirm please what output shaft spline the S2 Auto Stagea uses in the non-lsd diff ? I have a 30 spline, 31mm S15 Helical LSD ready to put in and want to confirm the output shaft compatability, thanks

• 5 months later...
Just to confirm to the S2 Auto owners (not S1), the S15 Helical LSD bolts straight in, uses same shafts etc. Fitted yesterday.

Great :)

Can you tell us please how much was the unit ?

Also, how does it feel now ? any real differences when you drive the car ?

It feels the same, no change for normal driving, just nice to know its there if ever its required, and good thing about the helical is that there is nothing to wear out like viscous and mechanical. Pretty hard to break traction with the 4wd, have to wait for some slippery conditions ie snow in Brisbane. Bought it on Yahoo Auctions Japan (japanese wife) cost about $150+100 freight. Installed for $200 at Diff lapping in Brisbane.

Edited by chook

It feels the same, no change for normal driving, just nice to know its there if ever its required, and good thing about the helical is that there is nothing to wear out like viscous and mechanical. Pretty hard to break traction with the 4wd, have to wait for some slippery conditions ie snow in Brisbane. Bought it on Yahoo Auctions Japan (japanese wife) cost about $150+100 freight. Installed for $200 at Diff lapping in Brisbane.

That sounds like a bargain... hope it doesn't screw with attesa-ets too much. LSD would be nice...

yeah i believe i stated in another thread that its a direct bolt in

except on an RS4 s1 yuo haev to change the input shaft, which is easy...and remove some other brackets from the top for soem random system and let it sit on the diff

but yeah, i put in an s13 diff wiht a nismo 2 way about a month ago