SAU Community

P-plater Driving Turbo

GMan

y cant people just wait its wat im doin but i dunno for how long my dad will kill me b4 a turbo will and well before it get a turbo probably. a girl from my skool her first car a turbo fc no1 knew until i asked her to open the bonnet.. she goes how do i do that she has no idea and i said ure cars turbo she goes how do u kno i said there an intercooler on the top and it has turbo written on it. her dad bought it for her and she has no idea wat it is to her its a ar with wheels

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lolz...too late..already bought the GT-T

jus couldnt say no to turbo

i only have till 19th april till i get my green p's and gonna apply for an exemption

if anyone here know a way of getting an exemption that would be great

cheers!

if you are in qld these new rules won't apply to you unless u screw up you license test and dont get it till july.

y cant people just wait its wat im doin but i dunno for how long my dad will kill me b4 a turbo will and well before it get a turbo probably. a girl from my skool her first car a turbo fc no1 knew until i asked her to open the bonnet.. she goes how do i do that she has no idea and i said ure cars turbo she goes how do u kno i said there an intercooler on the top and it has turbo written on it. her dad bought it for her and she has no idea wat it is to her its a ar with wheels

yar oi cuold barely raed dat mahn.

name='GMan' post='2992405' date='20 Mar 2007, 10:56 AM']just wanting to know what the consequences are when a p-plater is caught driving a turbocharged car when it is prohibited.

How much are the fines?

How long are suspensions?

Be responsible on the roads. If you risk it you will get caught.

Edited by Constable Phil Murphey

Vic laws, but im assuming the hoon laws a fairly similar state to state

key thing, do u have your licence currently? or are u turning 18 after july?

currently it is a $160 and no demerits. word on the street is after july 1st they will start demerits for over powered cars. think how many p platers drive r33's even though they are over powered...... do u think cops are doing anything about it?

i would like the cops to go through and do a huge blitz on p-platers in restricted cars.

if you own a skyline and are on your p's (and still at school) then there is pretty good chance your daddy paid for your car, and also a good chance that your parents aren't aware that you aren't supposed to be driving that car. so a blitz on p-platers driving restricted cars might wake parents up to what's going on.

I can't think of any reason why ANY P-plater needs a turbo car.

I learned to drive in a Charade, so should the rest of you :)

Well im am about 3-4 months of getting of my green "p"s and i have a r33 gts-t. I bought a v8 5L ss when i was on my L's and learnt on that. My parents family car is and was a 5.7L v8 ss so i drove that when i got my reds. Ive never been done for speeding or anything (not even parking tickets) plus no accidents.

So it doesnt matter what car you learn to drive on but on the person who teaches you.mind you i did go to some defence driving courses when i got my reds.

im a P plater in QLD have had my License for nearly 3 years now and had my R33 for about 8 months and the other day got caught by a speed camera doing about 70ish in a 60 zone at 2am in the morning (thought the road was 70) was my first time getting caught ever and i have driven many different cars and drive about 1000km a week.

its stupid stopping people drive performance cars they should make them attend driver training every year i have attended 2 and i think they are the best you learn heaps.

its stupid stopping people drive performance cars they should make them attend driver training every year i have attended 2 and i think they are the best you learn heaps.

the problem is that some of these driver training places teach too much, or too well. and then you get the rev heads and it just increases their confidence so they do even more stupid stuff on the street.

i would like the cops to go through and do a huge blitz on p-platers in restricted cars.

if you own a skyline and are on your p's (and still at school) then there is pretty good chance your daddy paid for your car, and also a good chance that your parents aren't aware that you aren't supposed to be driving that car. so a blitz on p-platers driving restricted cars might wake parents up to what's going on.

WHY

the problem is that some of these driver training places teach too much, or too well. and then you get the rev heads and it just increases their confidence so they do even more stupid stuff on the street.

u have a point there.. i did a skid pan session with in the driver training and on the way home it was raining a bit and my brother (just got his Ps) decided to test out what he had learnt on the skid pan on the roundabouts.

the only thing we was driving a shitty ford courier Ute thing that has no power but was still able to get it to slide and speed.

Edited by R33 Eddy

From the amount of threads on the subject, half the p-platers driving restricted cars are not even aware of these rules.

I swear to god, if I hear this one more time - "Im on my p's, I drive a 33gtst, I was just driving along, not doing anything wrong and I got pulled over......" - FFS - you are doing something wrong - DRIVING THE CAR IS ILLEGAL!!!