SAU Community

Intercooler Kit's For S2 R33 Skylines

mjai

Hi all, im looking to get a fmic for my Series 2 96' R33 Skyline.

I only want around 190-230ish rwkw.

Still using the stock s2 front bar.

I'm currentley looking for a intercooler kit that does not require to make new holes for as i don't want any EPA troubles in the future. Looking to do proper jobs on the car for less headaches.

Any ideas?

Any links for cooler kits?

Do just jap coolers they have advertised on their site return back to the stock piping?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

m.

Blitz & Arc make cooler kits which return back to stock piping

Or you could do like i am doing - buy a cooler from Just Jap or 2nd hand, and get someone to do the piping & installation for you

Shit yeah! Why do u think im doing it? lol

The Blitz LM Kit is over a grand, plus you still have to fit it

Just Jap sell just the cooler for around $170 i think - guys on here run over 300kw with them so they are proven to be good

Take it to your mechanic and get him to do the piping and fitting - should only cost around $250 or so

So for around $400 you have a cooler fitted with no holes cut, and money left over for other mods :dry:

just buy the Justjap kit ($345) (Cooler and piping)

then get someone to fit it, any decent mechanic or exhaust shop should be able to do it (should be around $200 fitting)

if u get the piping done customly it would cost $600+

i would rather pay $545 in total for someone to fit/slightly mod the piping than to fork out $600 for all new piping to be customly made up

IC $150 (450x300x76)

Straight Stainless steel: $50 (2m but you won't need all of it just good to have in case)

Stainless 180 bend: $50 (two 90's TIG welded)

90 bend $25 (two of)

Assorted Silicon Hoses (2x90, 2x45, 2xstraight, 2xreducer 3-2.5. around the 60 mark all up from memory)

Assorted Clamps 2.5 & 3 (Repco cheap as)

This is what I have done and it works well.

custom pipes will cost u almost as much as a blitz lm kit and than u still have a chinese intercooler

not that there is anything wrong with them as that is what i have on my car also

just a thought

hmm i'm leaning towards the Blitz kit if all the customer piping is going to add to the same price, was it hard making the kit fit the bar?

Yes that's what I've done and I think my design is little better suited to the application than the blitz kits. I can mount my cooler as low as I want without the return pipes being below the front bar. With the blitz kits you either run the risk of hitting gutters etc. pipes too low or having an ugly gap between cooler and front bar.

Yes that's what I've done and I think my design is little better suited to the application than the blitz kits. I can mount my cooler as low as I want without the return pipes being below the front bar. With the blitz kits you either run the risk of hitting gutters etc. pipes too low or having an ugly gap between cooler and front bar.

Checkout the link to my thread that i posted up before (my pics are on page 6) , my return pipe does not hang lower than the front bumper, you cant see it when you look at the front of the car, the only time you can see it is when you lying on the ground looking up at the front of my car, if you look at the pics on my thread you can see there is no "ugly gap between the cooler and front bar" and you cant see the return pipe anywere!

Edited by nizmo_freek

Checkout the link to my thread that i posted up before (my pics are on page 6) , my return pipe does not hang lower than the front bumper, you cant see it when you look at the front of the car, the only time you can see it is when you lying on the ground looking up at the front of my car, if you look at the pics on my thread you can see there is no "ugly gap between the cooler and front bar" and you cant see the return pipe anywere!

Yeah, you're install is pretty damn good. Some of the others I've seen look like crap.

Wasn't a big deal at all. To weld the 90's I just took it an exhaust shop and asked them to TIG weld the tightest 180 they could. No other welding was required except for the lips to hold the hoses on. I welded the lips with an arc welder pretty easy. I used silicon bends where needed as my welding skills...arr...hmm...to be desired.

Mount the intercooler how you want it and take the measurements from there, cut the stainless lengths with a drop saw and then test fit. Slightly over estimate the lengths if anything, as metal is easier to cut off then add back on. I Don't have pictures yet may be able to get some up soon depending on my level of lazy.

I'm hoping for 250rwkW once i get mine tuned, I think the 450 core will be fine.

have a look at the avo front mount kits they are return piping that you dont need to cut holes for, very good kit piping also comes in black and you can choose black or shinny cooler depending if you want it to look stealth they normallt around $1200 might be able to help you out quite a bit with price if you pm me

• 3 weeks later...

bamr33 - have you got pics yet?

I'm going to imbark on this soonish.

Probably will just use mild steel so I can weld myself and wack a coat of black paint on the outside...

I see justjap have the coolers for around 170.

Did you use tube and fin?

2.5 inch piping?

Edited by benl1981