SAU Community

? Support Mods ?

Hi Fellas and Ladies

I'm new to the Skyline scene and am looking at buying a R32 GTR (once i've got the money together..not too long hopefully)...

I have been researching on this site ALOT to see what people have done and what power figures/times they are achieving..

What has been confusing me is that many people have been stating "....with USUAL SUPPORT MODS..."

What are these mods? (I have used the search button but didn't find anything relevant)

Mods that I have in mind for my GTR are;

*34 N1 turbos

*Power FC

*Turbo back Exhaust

*Filters

*Bigger FMIC

*Cam gears

I am hopefully going to try and run a dual stage boost controller (most prob turbosmart).. I want to run approx. 10-12psi for daily cruising and around 18-20psi for track days and drags.... Is this controller good or should i go electronic? And are these boost levels OK or should I be running more?

Also, what power figures am I looking at on these boost levels? and is there anything else I should do to make it more reliable? (Btw.. It won't be running hi boost very much)

Thanks alot for the advice Guys and Girls

Sorry about the million questions..

Well in my opinion, "usual supporting mods" means you can supply enough fuel to safely make the power you're aiming at without it spontaneously leaning out and popping your motor. Also in the same basket on an R32 is a full exhaust from the turbos back but you listed that already. In your situation you're gonna need to replace the fuel pump and think about injectors to be honest. Mainly due to the age factor of those parts in an R32.

Personally I would go Nismo fuel pump and Nismo or SARD injectors. I wouldn't go any larger than 650cc injectors since you're not going for massive power and keeping the bottom end stock.

Also I would steer well clear of manual boost controllers as a long term solution for a GTR and stick to a well known jap EBC like the Blitz, HKS or even Greddy.

To make it more reliable get it tuned properly and cross your fingers. It is an old motor with an unknown history after all.

Thanks for the input fellas..

What about the oil and water pumps? Should they be changed if they haven't been before?

I forgot to mention that it will have a stock bottom end unless purchased with internals done..

Could i get some advice from people who have done these or similar mods to their car and what other mods they have done..

HKS99 - these power figures are RWKW? And how much would you say is safe boost?

Thanks alot... Keep the input and advice coming...

Much appreciated

• 4 weeks later...

EBC? PRofec B Spec II, Blitz iBC (or something), APEXi SAFC2... I have a PRofec B and its fairy good for the price you pay, but not anywhere as near as bling-factor as the SAFC.

Other mods?

Splitfire coilpacks and make sure your spark plugs are upto date (buy new if you havent changed them yet)

Fuel pump, injectors (I went with a NISMO FPR as well as Nismo pump and injectors)

Cams to go with the cam gears, my pick is TOMEI for cams (260/9.15... keep it safe) and gears.

Then for the big money mods clutch (Nismo for me... or Jim Berry), suspension (Bilstein for me... or TEIN/APEXI N1/HKS), wheels and tyres (unless you want to drift etc.), brakes (I got basic DBA4000's for now, might brembo up later).