SAU Community

Oran Park Sports Sedans Early 1990s

88silhouette

Nice vids Mark,,,but to tell you the truth I'm not really a Rotor fan. I love Nissans and Porsches,,,just could never afford to race either of them.

Roy,,,you smokin pot or what. Nothing makes the Alfa look slow. It's been at the front of sport sedans for 2 decades. Lots have come and gone but it's always been the front.

If you have a big budget there is a SR20det powered RX7 that is a screamer up for lease.

Neil

You obviously didnt see what the Peanut Slab Sierra did to the Aus Sports Sedan grid when it rocked up to events in Aus. Most notable was the Indycar support race years and years ago when it arrived a few days late due to rough seas and didnt qualify...so was forced to start from the back of the grid. It won the race. Carling had a problem with the car which meant he wasnt able to hold him off.

Ditto the Keith Carling 300ZX (Yellow) was a weapon and reports have it that Keith wasnt the worlds greatest steerer. Back in 92 the thing did a 2:13 at Bathurst! Its a record that still holds today.

If anyone decides to throw even a lil' (big) chunk of ca$h at a new motor, it'll be record-smashing galore with the '07 rule revisions.. . . . No more Multi-Valve equivalency rule !

That means 4-Valve heads on 6Litre Chevs, and 3.5Litre turbo/Supercharged 4-Valve motors.

KRIKEY ! Can anyone plonk-down the monnies for a 6L V12 Ferrari engine? Maybe splice 2 RB26DE's together?? :)

Seriously though - can someone gift Me $20k for a race-tuff 2JZ stroker with twin 400hp snails?? :P

If anyone decides to throw even a lil' (big) chunk of ca$h at a new motor, it'll be record-smashing galore with the '07 rule revisions.. . . . No more Multi-Valve equivalency rule !

That means 4-Valve heads on 6Litre Chevs, and 3.5Litre turbo/Supercharged 4-Valve motors.

KRIKEY ! Can anyone plonk-down the monnies for a 6L V12 Ferrari engine? Maybe splice 2 RB26DE's together?? :D

Seriously though - can someone gift Me $20k for a race-tuff 2JZ stroker with twin 400hp snails?? :thumbsup:

Here it is Roy and yes awesome car. I learnt a lot from Phil Ryal who put it together. It had Renault F1 Turbo's with Inconell rear housings and made over 1200hp on engine dyno at 2.2 bar although ran around 800hp racing. Did a 40.9 Oran South and I think high 129 at Eastern Creek and 203mph down Conrod.

KEITH_C_ZEDTT_SIDE_2.jpg

Edited by Boosted Zed

• 1 month later...

SUPER SEDAN... nice cars they mostly runs chevvy 350 around 750HP engine with spaceframe chasis.

we are currently working on swedish prestige SAAB that came 2nd championship point behind the alfa romeo.

another weight saving from extensive CF works and Under diffuser design coming up this 25-26th in qld. TOPSTAGE sponsored super sedan, keep your eye out guys.

Edited by topstage

When did they start calling the class Super Sedan? Do you mean the Super TT Series run under AMRS? The series that the SAAB is running in is still referred to as Sports Sedans.

IMG_9101.jpg

Dean Randle had a pretty good start to the season. Although a friend spotted Glen Seton testing the Baily 300ZX at Oran Park recently. So if Baily is getting assistance from Seton with setup, then no doubt the Phil Ryall built ZED will be having a very competitive year.

So many good cars in this years series, next round should be interesting. They really need to get this class back to racing with the V8s. Especially now that GTRs etc are eligibly. I know of a few GTRs that would actually be competitive in the series

Yeah i can't say anything about competitive but we are building a gtr sports sedan atm. pretty high mark to hit on our budgets though :domokun:

SS lap reocrds are:

1.30 Eastern creek

0.59 wakefield park

oran park who knows cant find any decent info on their site.

I wanna get down to P.I. for the next round of the Vic state series, but it's on bloody Queen's B'day weekend, when I'll be going away! ! :)

No car-whoring for lil'ol Me.. . . . . :P