SAU Community

Remap Stock Ecu In Brisbane?

kristafa

Ordering a slide hiflow turbo soon, and anticipate that i'll need to do some AFR correction on the dyno to get the most out of it. I see chiptorque offers a re-chip + dyno tune for around $1k, but i was wondering if there's anywhere else around that offers the same service?

Some posts suggest that dr drift is a good alternative but dont know when he'll be in bris next.. i want to get something done soonish.

Would anyone suggest that i just go with a apexi safc or something so any tuner can tune it? would it offer similar flexibility/performance?

any help appreciated, chris.

• 2 weeks later...
i notice rb25's are not listed on their site for retunes (mercury...).....that sucks!

In fact they CAN do an R34 rb25, but not an r33. Depends on the ECU of the car model, rather than the engine itself.

From above link:

CA18, RB20, RB26 $330

SR20 – S13, GTIR $450

S14 $550

S14a, R34, S15 $660

I know some people have good experiences with dr drift and factory ecu tuning at mercury but unfortunately I fall into possibly the few number of people who had nothing but troubles with mercury and their dr drift tuning of the factory ECU. Personally I wouldn't recommend wasting time with the factory ECU, invest in a decent aftermarket ECU, I know it's more expensive but considering the dyno time that ended up wasted for me, if I had gone the aftermarket ECU straight up i would have saved alot of money.

Not bashing mercury here, I know they do good work for people but I had nothing but troubles. PM for any details if interested.

Cheers

Mercury have tuned mine and i am really happy with it. My car is now my daily driver, is great around town and does 11's down the quarter. I will upgrade to a Z32 afm soon and will take it to them for a retune for more power. In MY personal experience with engine management I would NOT be recommending aftermarket management. :D

In fact they CAN do an R34 rb25, but not an r33. Depends on the ECU of the car model, rather than the engine itself.

sucks for you chris - not that you have to worry - you wont be driving for a while :D