SAU Community

R32 Or R33

vinnie32GTS4

Get what ever you want.

If i had the brains and the money when my engne died. i would have put a RB25 in the engine bay instead of the shiet 20 i have now.

I actually wish i listened to Cubes and Bl4ck4 about the Rb30. Tourque and power in one.

Would make my 4dr wip the tail out alot faster then the piece of crap RB20 i have now.

Your choice so do what ever you want mate.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol i started a shitstorm in skyline general discussion for the "My mate reckons..." thread hahahaa. omg.
and the point of that ^^^^^^ in this thread was SPAM oh soz its not spamming just post whoring

ok I'll leave it up to you fella's..

Who votes Paully gets a warning? :P:(:rofl::)

IMO its all about what you want the car for.

the RB25 is a better engine without a doubt. As the ssaying goes, u cant beat cubes, and here the 25 has hlaf a litre more capacity available to make boost at lower rpm, and better torque curves, and better power all round.

The 32 gts-t vs 33 gts-t chassis wise, id have to go with the 32. Purely becuase of the extra weight the car is carrying round. The geometry of both cars are very similar, but you can definately notice the difference in the weights from the nimble feeling the 32 gives off. Nothing hampers performance both in a straight line and round corners than additional weight and here your talking abuot 120 or more kg difference

i.e. 1280kg 32 gtst

1400kg 33 gtst

Styling, its personal preference. interior I prefer the newer feeling of the 33. exterior i prefer the 32's shape and presence. each to his own.

Edited by R32Abuser

• 2 months later...

If your looking for reliability. Find a close to stock car.

Stock 33 v 32

33 hands down

Adding basic mods to 33 will give good reliable performance.

Overtime spending big to make rb25 + all the rest in the 32. As you can see alot of the 32 owners are not happy with there rb20s!

33 would of nearly saved enough for a 34!

Unless you got the $$$, time, patience. Personal Preference really.

MY SAY!

drf33t,

Driving experience... The feel of the car, throwability.

All cars with std suspension in good nick.

The R32 and R34's feel pretty on par, light and throwable, neutral understeer with a slight tendancy to oversteer.

R33's do feel a tad family car like with a tendancy to understeer a tad.

Yes the R33's feel good on the road, but the R32's (providing bushes and suspension isn't shagged out due to wear and tear) and R34's feel better. The R33 is newer has a better motor and gearbox BUT it weighs more.

For a fun little track car where I can use the power of a modified RB and thoroughly enjoy it. R32 or R34.

The RB20 is an underestimated RB. Well setup just like a well setup RB25 they go extremely well.

Take the following video for example. Both R32 and R34 making ~260rwkw. R32 running a plain bearing trust tdo6-20g, the r34 running a GCG highflow with the larger op6 turbine housing.

I don't see it getting its arse whooped. :P

nice!! a little traction trouble for the 34.Im pretty sure the 34 is eating him on the straights!

For throwability the 32 may be a little easier but theres nothing wrong with the 33's! yes 32s are lighter and smaller.I dont think there anymore predictable though!

and if the suspensions being thrashed time after time i wonder which will last longer?and everything else that adds with that.

No bad words against the 32's cause i love them. I just think its the wise choice to pick 33. :P

• 2 weeks later...

personally i like the 32 shape better so thats the way i went. with great luck i also found a rb25det motor and man box with a 2 way. my advise is take your time and something good will come up for cheap. dont just get the first thing u see.i been waiting for about 3 to 6mths before i got my 4dr 32. i hit the jackpot. fresh import with 98000km on the clock for under 4.5k. now gettin it complied

I had this same choice, wanted a 32 but ended up getting a 33... couldn't be happier I LOVE IT!! But it's all up to you and what you want.

Same! I wanted an R32, almost bought an R32... but ended up getting an R33 :laughing-smiley-014:

if you want something you dont want to open up to much and go too hard in then get an R33. If you want to go balistic and treat the streets like a race track then get a 32!

(imo the 33 feels too nice and looks too sweet to treat her harsh)

if you want something you dont want to open up to much and go too hard in then get an R33. If you want to go balistic and treat the streets like a race track then get a 32!

(imo the 33 feels too nice and looks too sweet to treat her harsh)

dont be a soft c**k :laugh:

lol there is alot of protective people on here...

ive driven alot of 32's gts-t's and GTR's and 33's, s15's, cefiros, 31's. been around 20's, 25's and 26's a fair bit.

owned a 31 with a 25 in it for 5 or so years...had my 33 for the past year.

my personal opinion, 33 FTW. my s2 only has tien coilovers, zorst and fmic, 11psi and pulls 207rwkw. very good turn in, an absolute menace in the hills. fantastic brakes. great torque and f**kn pulls like a cut snake. 32's are agile, are great to throw around but lack balls.

33 being a newer car, no rattles, everything still works. reliable as all f**k. id be confident driving in the hills with any equivalent modded 32.

spend your money wisely. test drive both. take note of the condition of the car and make your own judgement.

I have owned 2 R32s, 1 R33 S2, 1 SR S13, 1 SR 180SX. I have blown SRs and RB25s but not an RB20 and yet the RB20s have had more of a hammering. Out of them all, the R32 wins for me. My R33 had a top mount TD06-25G and made 360 rwkw. All of my mates own R33s and as much as I love RB25s and their gearboxes, everything else is boring. I'm over the whole power thing and would prefer a good set of coilovers and mechanical LSD over power. Then again, I like my drifting.

The revy nature of the RB20 and the bulletproof reliability is awesome. I was running 21 psi and completely leaning out my R32 for 3 months without realising (long story) and the engine was still fine. Also, a FMIC, RB25 turbo and a fuel pump with a remap will get you 200 rwkw in an Rb20, which costs hardly anything and is plenty of power IMO. Street racing is gay, I'm over it, just gets you into trouble and risks others lives.

Oh, and don't forget Rb20s are cheap to replace and have better injectors than RB25. Also, can use GTR injectors :yes:

ECUs can also be remapped, so no need to shell out for power FC and risk defects

Edited by SOOKIE