SAU Community

R32 Gtr 275 Tyre?

Hey guys, need some help, Got my GTR imported and the tryers are shagged..

It has 255/40/17 the whole way round..

Can any one tell me if the R32 can fit a 275 tyre the whole way round???

Yes the car has coilovers..

Ahh, and if any one knows any one thats doing a cheap deals on tyres ant the moment that would be great!!!1

thanks guys.. and girls!! :P

Mark

275 in 17 will be an extremely expensive tyre (unless you buy linglongkangwhatevah garbage). Just get 235-255 and be done with it (the 275's may buzz the guards on a lowered 32 anyway if you have lower offset wheels).

goto whatever your local tyre shop is and have a chat to them...

(don't buy whatever they try and sell you straight up)

you mentioned you had 17" rims?

the width of the rims will play a large part in what width tyre you can run

as well as the offset/s as to where the rim/tyre is positioned within the guards.

i believe 9" is the minimum wheel width for 275's.

quality of tyre is just as if not more important than width though.

if u look at what u need the car for and what u want to do with it then a tyre shop can get u started.

after that do some research on net and take a look at the sticky in susspension, braking and tyres.

good luck with it - 275's FTW :nyaanyaa:

they will be sitting outside of the guards i have 265's on the back of mine atm there to wide the rims are x10 to, i had to raise the suspension for them not to scrub, im def going back to 245's or 255's take my advice and dont do it. :nyaanyaa: i took the advice of a tyre fitter supplier, they dont have a clue.

Edited by 95SKY

depends on what you want the tyres to do.

for track i got a set of BBS wheels 18 x 8 255 all round

For street i got 19 x 10.5 Volk rims with 285 all round. Rub i bit up front prolly need to raise the ride height a bit and would be ok.

For drags i need some stock 16 x 7 GTR rims.

So basically nothing is gonna do everything well, just need to choose what there for. the 19 x 10.5 have huge dish and look sweet but really there just rice.