Want Some Solid Hks 2535 Results

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been good reading guys, thanks.

If i hit 250 with a nice fat curve thru the middle, I'll be pretty damn happy :)

Just so you know, it'll be :

Z32

s15 injectors, 450cc

Tomei Fuel Pump

Power FC

FMIC

Zorst/Pod

I'll post it up soon enough....

• 3 weeks later...

So the GTRS is the GT2535?... Is this the most popular street turbo for the rb25det, How much is it?

I have a:

Apexi power FC

E-boost

Apexi turbo timer

3" exhaust from turbo back

Front mount intercooler with custom piping

Custom cold air intake

Custom intake plenum

80mm throttle body

post-28112-1179133304_thumb.jpg

Im getting injectors the same time as the turbo as they are maxed out now.

Will i need the Z32 afm or will it be ok?

Would it be wise to get an aftermarket exhaust manifold? if so top mount or low mount?

Will the set up i have reach around the 250kw atw.

Thanks mate much appreciated. Slowly getting there.

Does the GTRS have a T3 flange? I was doing some searching on horsepowerinabox and from what i can figure they reckon the GTRS is for the sr20det's and the GT3076 would be better for the rb25det's?

The GT3037/3076 is an exceptional turbo for its HP range. It features a .6 surge slotted comp cover and a complimenting turbine/comp wheel ratio, making it a great bolt on upgrade for the 2-3 litre range engine.

This unit has a lot of flexibility in offered houisings. It can be supplied with a T25 .86 internal housing, a T3 .63 or .82 external gate housing and a recent edition is the option of internal gate T3 in .63 or .82 (these units are more expensive and subject to availability at the time). Usual ultra reliability and superb response from the Garrett ball bearing design.

Great upgrade for RB20/25s and other 2.5-3 litre's looking for some serious power.

So the GTRS is the GT2535?... Is this the most popular street turbo for the rb25det, How much is it?

I have a:

Apexi power FC

E-boost

Apexi turbo timer

3" exhaust from turbo back

Front mount intercooler with custom piping

Custom cold air intake

Custom intake plenum

80mm throttle body

post-28112-1179133304_thumb.jpg

Im getting injectors the same time as the turbo as they are maxed out now.

Will i need the Z32 afm or will it be ok?

Would it be wise to get an aftermarket exhaust manifold? if so top mount or low mount?

Will the set up i have reach around the 250kw atw.

The GTRS is NOT the GT2535. But due to the very similar power delivery, HKS dropped the GT2535 once the GTRS was released.

Are you claiming to have 250rwkw with those mods, on the std turbo? If so go to another tunner, as he is pullin' your chain :P

On the other hand; Very neat and clean engine bay, looks awesome :)

The GTRS is rated at approx. 380hp

The GT3076 is rated at 500hp

Two totally different turbos with different power curves. The GT3076 is also a great turbo, but will be laggier than a GTRS, on an rb25. In fact i have just purchased the GT3076 to replace my GTRS, as i am doing an RB30 coversion and the GTRS would have been too small and would have resticted the engine.

Oh, and why are you gettin ganother one?

Wouldn't you just rebuild the one you have? or is that what you mean?

I lost my dyno (it was 339hp but whos counting), but supporting mods were

FMIC

Fuel Pump

S-AFC-II

Split dump, 3.5" front pipe, 3.5" de-cat, 3.5" exhaust

16psi on EBC

I sold that one, i got pissed off with spending $$ on car, but now i got the bug again and bought a trusted/renowned great turbo :D

That said, I'll have this new one installed soon so I can post a dyno then :)

The GTRS is NOT the GT2535. But due to the very similar power delivery, HKS dropped the GT2535 once the GTRS was released.

Are you claiming to have 250rwkw with those mods, on the std turbo? If so go to another tunner, as he is pullin' your chain :)

On the other hand; Very neat and clean engine bay, looks awesome :laugh:

The GTRS is rated at approx. 380hp

The GT3076 is rated at 500hp

Two totally different turbos with different power curves. The GT3076 is also a great turbo, but will be laggier than a GTRS, on an rb25. In fact i have just purchased the GT3076 to replace my GTRS, as i am doing an RB30 coversion and the GTRS would have been too small and would have resticted the engine.

he is asking once he gets the turbo and injectors done could he expect 250rkw out of the new set up.

Edited by fEkuaR

Nahh i got around 200rwkw now but i ment when i get the mods will i have around 250 like fEkuaR said.

Al

"In fact i have just purchased the GT3076 to replace my GTRS, as i am doing an RB30 coversion and the GTRS would have been too small and would have resticted the engine."

So what are u doing with your GTRS? selling :laugh:

There is a fair bit of info about the GTRS if you look around.

the best description I've heard is 'It has the response of a HKS2530 with the top end power of a HKS2540'

HKS2530 - supposed ot have ripper spool up as it;s quite small so you can't argue with that, but the top end, boost would drop off off as it choked and can't cope or whatever.

HKS2540 - Ripper top end but an absolute dog for lag etc.....only suitable for drags...

So combine the 2 and you have the GTRS

So, can we now keep this thread to be HKS2535 oriented?

Thanks peeps....

Nahh i got around 200rwkw now but i ment when i get the mods will i have around 250 like fEkuaR said.

Al

"In fact i have just purchased the GT3076 to replace my GTRS, as i am doing an RB30 coversion and the GTRS would have been too small and would have resticted the engine."

So what are u doing with your GTRS? selling :sleep:

Sorry, my bad.

Am selling, but already have 2 potential buyers.

Since the turbo is less than 5,000 km old, i do not intend to give it away :P

• 4 months later...

HKS 2535 is now tuned up to my satisfaction and it's a wee rippa.

Made 245.9rwkws on The Hitman's dyno which i don't think is a happy-reading dyno.

See the results in the dyno thread.

Spools up nicely and sounds great.

Vote 1 for HKS2535

And another vote for the s15 injectors which have done the job easily with more room to move(currently hitting about 80%)

I'm now guessing these babies are good for 270-280 rwkws.

That's it, anymore mods will be more along the lines of sell and by a Mitsubishi Mirage...tehe (seriously)

But I'm going to enjoy this one for awhile yet

Cheers guys :P