SAU Community

Want Some Solid Hks 2535 Results

These babies have been around for ages and are now extinct, except for the 2nd hand ones floating around which I've grabed and installed.

....It seems that nearly everyone has got over excited and posted results on the standard injectors/AFM stage and hit around the 230-240's on about 1bar/14psi....but then if they went any further, forgot to put those results up?

I've been searching for ages and can't find anyone with a solid 17psi dyno with some decent injectors/fuel pump/AFM and the usual supporting mods.

Is there anyone?

Post em up peeps!

I'll be going the 17psi in a month or too and will post it up.

Just itchin to know how people went in the meantime.

Thanks.

Birnie

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I scored 240 @ 17-18psi but running really, really, rich. (stock ecu with central 20 chip)

gtr fuel pump, stock injectors, adjustable fuel reg n other supporting mods

Waiting to get the power fc tuned, and i will keep u updated

2535? best thing in my life :):(

edit: rb25 :)

Edited by DjeMz

I scored 240 @ 17-18psi but running really, really, rich. (stock ecu with central 20 chip)

gtr fuel pump, stock injectors, adjustable fuel reg n other supporting mods

Waiting to get the power fc tuned, and i will keep u updated

2535? best thing in my life :):(

edit: rb25 :)

Now we're talking!

Geting some good results coming thru, keep em coming..... :)

DjeMz - What are you doin man!

Get an ECU and see your car come ALIVE !

cln, rob told me no one ever believed it and he did it a number of times to shut people up..

Justin911 is now using that turbo.

And no it wasnt 25psi thru the turbo.

DjeMz: Robs tuning wont disapoint you :)

djemz: rob from creatd is confident 2530s and 2535s are good for 250 and upwards.

with a 2530 he made 255 on his drift 33

Happy dyno??

Worth a review of published data from Garrett. Considering the GT28RS (aka Discopotato) with flow maps and a compressor spec near-as identical to the 2530 is rated to 320 CRANK hp, the claim seems a bit high.

Still, if that's what he got, and it's backed up by times down a strip or round a circuit, then who cares? Great result if that's what he got.

nope not a happy dyno at all, rob doesnt mock up his figures :)

He used it for drift and used to tear up 3rd gear like you wouldnt believe.

Its a HKS turbo, HKS turbos flow better and are better than the hks turbo, said by many many tuners i have spoken to.

:)

Has these figures been backed up on another dyno? Did Justin run his car at the SAU - RE Customs Dyno Day, if so what did he get?

260rwkw on a gt2535 is optermistic and claiming anything higher is just BS.

Should convince Justin to come to a SAU dyno day :(

320hp = 246.4kw at the crank @ 1bar

drive-line losses is about 30-40kw. Running 17-18psi may give you an extra 30-40rwkw, but remember this is a smallish turbo, thus will not make much more power at higher boost levels above 18psi.

was reading a old hks book the other day noticed that hks's 320 p/s power fig for 2530 is running them on only 1 bar

as was p/s ratings for 2535,2540 etc

so at 1+bar they will make more grunt period

remember HKS turbo's are manufactured to be most efficent at 1-1.5 bar

:santa:

Has these figures been backed up on another dyno? Did Justin run his car at the SAU - RE Customs Dyno Day, if so what did he get?

260rwkw on a gt2535 is optermistic and claiming anything higher is just BS.

Should convince Justin to come to a SAU dyno day :thumbsup:

320hp = 246.4kw at the crank @ 1bar

drive-line losses is about 30-40kw. Running 17-18psi may give you an extra 30-40rwkw, but remember this is a smallish turbo, thus will not make much more power at higher boost levels above 18psi.

I did the same before but assumed I was wrong Al.

340hp @1bar is on close to the edge of its efficency. Bump up the boost wont yeild massive HP gains...just some more torque.

~250 seems possible on 18psi as suugested. His drift car must be running more boost and have some decent internals.

Eitehr way its gonna be a good result from the upgrade.

past 240rwkw i dont think you will make any more power

every extra psi you dial in just induces more detonation and bugger all power per psi past 1 bar

the compressor probably cant supply any more useful past 1 bar of compressor speed

then how do people make 290 - 300 kw with a gtrs so iv read on this forum?

They don't. Dyno read outs don't mean shit unless you run all the cars on the same dyno, on the same day.

I have a HKS GTRS, with extensive head porting and Tomei cams. Boost was set to 18psi, but b4 peak power it dropped down to 16psi and made 268rwkw.